• Welcome To Mopar1973Man.Com LLC

We are a privately owned support forum for the Dodge Ram Cummins Diesels. All information is free to read for everyone. To interact or ask questions you must have a subscription plan to enable all other features beyond reading. Please go over to the Subscription Page and pick out a plan that fits you best. At any time you wish to cancel the subscription please go back over to the Subscription Page and hit the Cancel button and your subscription will be stopped. All subscriptions are auto-renewing. 

Good reason to buy that expensive solid bumper

So today on The way to get the parts for our company truck while in my 01 3500 ram. I came around a curve and on the other side of the 2 lane road. I seen a doe standing next to the road I was going about 55 mph in 6th out of habit I geared down and let off the fuel pedal. The doe ran toward the fence and began to jump over mid jump she turned around and ran across the road as I got there I hit it dead center of my front bumper. I said some words as the deer went sliding down the road about 40 foot or so then off to my side. So I rode up past and got out to check for damage on the truck and there was almost no damage on it. I broke the bad fog light I was gonna replace. And moved the bumper back on the slotted holes. Ran to confirm the deer was dead and not suffering which it was dead on impact thankfully at 55 mph I can see why. But to think that bumper saved me thousands of dollars and I plan on putting one on all my trucks soon that was the best $600 dollars I ever spent. So my advice is of for it it will save you serious money had a local body shop estimate if I didn't have it based on previous wrecks like this one came in at 6k+/- depending on how good a job you want done

post-1211-0-00070200-1407988662_thumb.jp

post-1211-0-13100400-1407988790_thumb.jp

....and here where I live, when this sort of thing happens, we are legally allowed to then take it home and turn it into your favorite meal!

...instead of letting it go to waste and rot on the side of the road or become a coyotes dinner.

...not saying that you do or do not do this, just an opportunity to be resourceful! :)

• Like 1

• Owner

Well worth it bumpers and do save the front of the truck.

But... I hate working on those trucks the most typically a pain in the rear to climb up the bumper and kneel on the bumper or radiator support. Without them you can kneel on the OE bumper and work for hours comfortable. :rolleyes:

But... Again at least it saved you hundred of dollars on doe damage... :cool:

Now that I live in the northern rocky mtn's here in MT, my truck is getting a bumper as soon as I can afford one. I will probably at least get a grill guard for the wifes explorer as well. Just makes sense if you can save that money and especially time on your vehicle. Even if insurance would cover all of the costs, you still don't have a car for whatever amount of time it takes for repairs.

• 2 weeks later...

Well worth it bumpers and do save the front of the truck.

But... I hate working on those trucks the most typically a pain in the rear to climb up the bumper and kneel on the bumper or radiator support. Without them you can kneel on the OE bumper and work for hours comfortable. :rolleyes:

But... Again at least it saved you hundred of dollars on doe damage... :cool:

I can see some of the aftermarket designs being a pain to work around..........and all of them if mounted on anything other than a 2nd or 3rd gen Dodges where the grill pops up out of the way with the hood, I love my ranch hand even with my size 12 boots I have enough room to stand on the bumper behind the grill guard and even sit on the cross grill, to me it makes working on my rig a lot easier on the back. I have a 2 step stool that is the perfect height for working in the engine comp from the side a lot nicer as well even being 6'3".