• Welcome To Mopar1973Man.Com LLC

We are a privately owned support forum for the Dodge Ram Cummins Diesels. All information is free to read for everyone. To interact or ask questions you must have a subscription plan to enable all other features beyond reading. Please go over to the Subscription Page and pick out a plan that fits you best. At any time you wish to cancel the subscription please go back over to the Subscription Page and hit the Cancel button and your subscription will be stopped. All subscriptions are auto-renewing. 

EGT Probe Locations

I used the search function and didn't find much, and I read the thread that is just below this one, but didn't really find anything that was useful to my situation. 

I just bought and installed a TST PM3, replacing my edge comp. It came with the R45 remote, which shows boost and exhaust temp. The box will not fuel without a pyrometer reading, and I do am not going to remove my autometer gauge. I also plan on installing a Snow Performance MPG max kit this coming summer (Also requires an EGT Probe). What are your suggestions? 2 in the manifold 1 post turbo? All 3 in the manifold? If so where should I drill? Thanks for the help!

• Like 1

Keep your Autometer in the 4-5-6 collector, put the TST in 1-2-3 and the Snow Max post turbo or in the long 1-2-3 collector.

I was thinking the same thing, or the autometer in 4-5-6 Snow max in 1-2-3 (It needs an accurate reading to produce better mileage) And the TST Post turbo because I really don't care what it says as long as it has a reading. Thanks for the replies guys! Keep em coming!

Ilikeoldfords I wish I could, but each gauge is calibrated to that probe with that length of wire ( At least that's how I understand it ) Longer and shorter leads would lead to different resistances, causing different readings. I want the autometer accurate for towing purposes, and the MPG max accurate for good mileage! Edited by TFaoro

I thought that was proven as a myth?? I was curious one day about it, added about 5ft of wire to my probe and it didn't change my readings at all on the gauge. Still hit the same EGT's in the same spot of the same road. As long as you aren't using wire that is way to small for the application I think you will be ok.

Well this weekend I tapped the 123 collector and stuck the TST probe in there. My Autometer gauge can not be cut or spliced anywhere. The leads run from the probe straight to the gauge with no connections in between. When I buy water meth I will see if the TST and Snow Performance can be connected using the TST probe, which is bolted together about 6 inches after the probe. 

On a side note, I tore all of the seats and carpet out out for reupholstering and cleaning, then pulled the bed, mirrors, bumpers, grille, and other crap to drop it off at paint.... Been one day and I'm already missing her!

• Like 1