• Welcome To Mopar1973Man.Com LLC

We are a privately owned support forum for the Dodge Ram Cummins Diesels. All information is free to read for everyone. To interact or ask questions you must have a subscription plan to enable all other features beyond reading. Please go over to the Subscription Page and pick out a plan that fits you best. At any time you wish to cancel the subscription please go back over to the Subscription Page and hit the Cancel button and your subscription will be stopped. All subscriptions are auto-renewing. 

Squeaky Clutch Pedal

I am getting tired of listening to my squeaky clutch pedal  Every time I depress the clutch it is like fingernails on a chalk board.  A few months back I put some 3 in 1 oil around the pin that the pedal pivots on, but that was short lived.  Do I have to disassemble the assembly to adequatly lube this?  Someone has to have a trick to share.

WD40... put rags all around just in case you drip and squirt a bit in there!

WD40 isn't much of a long-term lubricant.  I would like to give it a lasting treatment.  The 3 in 1 oil was good for a couple of months.  It just seems pretty akward to work underneath the dash.  Thank you for your input.

Yep. There should be a plastic bushing where the clutch master cylinder rod connects to the pedal and another one way up on top where the clutch pedal actually hangs from the main pedal assembly. If you do the one up top, might was well do the bushings for the brake pedal as well. I think it is one big rod that goes through to hang both pedals.