• Announcements

• Mopar1973Man

Quadzilla Tunes   06/12/2017

QUADZILLA TUNE REPOSITORY - There is now a Quadzilla tune download area. When you submit a tune file to the download area it will automatically create a forum topic that allows discussion of your tune. So export your tune and upload it to the site. Then we all can help out in building better tunes. Check it out gang...
    • Mopar1973Man

911 Support Group   06/22/2017

Hey Gang, I've got the 911 support group database back up and running once again. It's listed in the 911 support category. It will allow members to list their contact information and location so other have a listed of members to call upon in the time of need. So if you wish to support other member please stop by and add your listing into the database. https://mopar1973man.com/cummins/911-support.html/contacts/
Texas CTD

Bought Me a First Gen

58 posts in this topic

Nice clean engine bay! Turbo specs?

1 person likes this

2 hours ago, TFaoro said:

Nice clean engine bay! Turbo specs?

Thanks, it's getting there. Still need to paint more parts, and clean up wiring.

62/68/.70 SX-E

1 person likes this

Oh lawwwwd that sound!!! :pant:

She looks pretty quick as is! What rpm does that 62/68 like to start spooling?

1 person likes this

29 minutes ago, notlimah said:

Oh lawwwwd that sound!!! :pant:

She looks pretty quick as is! What rpm does that 62/68 like to start spooling?

It should sound nastier with more timing. I love that deep growl.

As it sits, it starts building boost at 1,600 RPM, and by 1,700 it's ready to takeoff.

And even though it's making boost, it's 2,000 RPM before I'm cleaning up smoke, and even then it hazes under heavy throttle. That's mostly due to the power screw being in as far as it can safely go. (which controls duration, so yeah, it's going to be dirty with lots of duration in my setup)

Like I said, lots of pump tuning still to do. I'm happy with the power, I'm just trying to get it to run cleaner.

After it's all dialed in, I'll hit the dyno. Goal is 400/800, but would like to get closer to the 450 HP mark. (which is hard to do with a VE truck)

1 person likes this

No major updates... Last weekend I took a 400 mile round trip to pick up an all-aluminum powerstroke intercooler. Drove 65-70 MPH, and got 20.8 MPG.

So far Ive given people rides, and raced one 2nd gen... Everybody is pretty impressed with the power in this old farm truck.

654425d1495384842t-what-did-you-do-your-

1 person likes this

Lookin good! I've been debating doing the same with my stickers! 

1 person likes this