• Welcome To Mopar1973Man.Com LLC

We are a privately owned support forum for the Dodge Ram Cummins Diesels. All information is free to read for everyone. To interact or ask questions you must have a subscription plan to enable all other features beyond reading. Please go over to the Subscription Page and pick out a plan that fits you best. At any time you wish to cancel the subscription please go back over to the Subscription Page and hit the Cancel button and your subscription will be stopped. All subscriptions are auto-renewing. 

Iat and mpg fooler

Silly question why doesn't this trick come stock. Why do we have to add all the stuff we do to make things better? Can't they make things to get the best gpms. So if I get the fooler I will need to have the re flash of the computer to have it work right if it hasn't already been done.

• Owner
Silly question why doesn't this trick come stock. Why do we have to add all the stuff we do to make things better?

Silly question why doesn't this trick come stock. Why do we have to add all the stuff we do to make things better?

Because the EPA and smog rules. The government can careless if we efficient but as long as we meet EPA rule then they are happy. Just like the DPF's and EGR valves...

Flash is only required for the high idle feature.

Personally I think the Oil companies and car companies work together. With advances in technology i see no reason they can't make a truck like ours get well over 50mpg if they wanted to. Just think though the money the oil companies would lose if this took place. What better way to keep this from hapening but to make a few "donations" to the auto engineers so they don't create that issue

• Like 1

• Owner

Personally I think the Oil companies and car companies work together. With advances in technology i see no reason they can't make a truck like ours get well over 50mpg if they wanted to. Just think though the money the oil companies would lose if this took place. What better way to keep this from hapening but to make a few "donations" to the auto engineers so they don't create that issue

Correction...

Just think though the money the oil companies, federal taxes, state taxes and special interest groups would lose if this took place.

Like where I work at with Lindy the Landlord (Mike) has a shop full of collectable cars. I look at simple machine that we came from back in 1960-1970's to todays junk where you can even find the engine any longer so it meets EPA rules. The fact is that the better the efficiency of the vehicle, then less fuel your going to burn and less emissions (smog) your going to create. So I actually look back and forth between what we had back in the 1960-1970's to what we have in the 2000's is a utter and complete joke. Great ideas with computers and such but once again if the vehicles were efficient there wouldn't be any pollution nor any profit for others listed above.

Mike touched on a big part of it and the feds and states are already feeling the pinch and looking at new ways of gouging the masses. If and as efficiency goes up or rather as the price of fuel goes up less people are driving gas hogs and or are using public transportation where possible or buying more efficient vehicles whatever the case they are selling less fuel and thus causing a downward trend in federal and state tax revenue collections at the pump which is what was supposed to pay for our infrastructure in the first place but these funds much like other funds have been bled off for other things.

The technology and emissions have improved vehicles a lot even though most hate to admit it. Most vehicles today are running 200-300K+ miles easily, that was rare in a vehicle pre 1990's. also look at the power to weight ratios, smaller engines or even the same size making huge power compared to the big blocks of yester year and living 3-4 times longer, the list goes on and on so technology and emissions driven technology has brought about improvements like it or not.

• Like 2

The problem is, users would have to learn when to throw a switch...  not automatic.  It could be programed into a computer but that adds complexity.  Newer designs may be more self adjusting.  All the IAT fooler does is lean the mix out once the truck is running but not waiting for a full warmup to occurr (if it does at the ambient temps).  It's still within the vehicle's design parameters. 

• Like 2