• Welcome To Mopar1973Man.Com LLC

We are a privately owned support forum for the Dodge Ram Cummins Diesels. All information is free to read for everyone. To interact or ask questions you must have a subscription plan to enable all other features beyond reading. Please go over to the Subscription Page and pick out a plan that fits you best. At any time you wish to cancel the subscription please go back over to the Subscription Page and hit the Cancel button and your subscription will be stopped. All subscriptions are auto-renewing. 

Lift pump suggestions

angus

http://www.genosgarage.com/DASH-MOUNT-TRIPLE-GAUGE-POD-03-09/productinfo/GM-DG-15020/

http://www.genosgarage.com/WINDSHIELD-GAUGE-POD-TRIPLE-03-09/productinfo/GM-18-017/

Here is a look, I noticed the windshield mount looks interesting and might be a little easier on the install???

Edited by angus

• Staff

I love my 3 gauge dash pod, best gauge arrangement I have used (and I have used a few).

I currently run a Smarty Touch in the single A-Pillar by Mopar, EGT/Boost/Fuel in a triple dash pad, oil pressure over the OEM POS oil pressure in a single pod, and a drive pressure in a single pod by my trailer brake controller.

I love my 3 gauge dash pod, best gauge arrangement I have used (and I have used a few).

I currently run a Smarty Touch in the single A-Pillar by Mopar, EGT/Boost/Fuel in a triple dash pad, oil pressure over the OEM POS oil pressure in a single pod, and a drive pressure in a single pod by my trailer brake controller.

How much of a hassle was the dash pod installation? That would be my first choice, but I`m not sure how much of the dash I will have to disassemble to even get to it?

The dash is fairly easy to modify, the piece it mounts to can be removed in a matter of minutes and then it's modified and reinstalled.

It's a harder install than an a-pillar, but a much better location.

AH, Do you have any pics of your installation? I originally thought it was designed to mount in the center of the dash in front of the radio.. After looking at it some more I think its designed to be on the drivers side?? That looks to be much easier to route the lines..

IMG_5685.jpg

Cool, I think thats the setup I want to go with. After crawling around in the floor board I don`t think its going to be that bad fishing the stuff down and through the firewall from the drivers side of the dash.

The CP3 is rated for -5 to +15 psi, but most consider 2-12 the optimal range with  8-12 being ideal. I would set it at 12 psi at idle.

I got the spring assortment from BD yesterday. Went with the lightest one, and the pressure at the CP3 is now running 11psi @ idle.  So I`m thinking this should be more than adequate, and not have to drive the pump any harder than nessesary.

I really like the arrangement and the filters. I just hope the longivity is what they say it is.

• Like 1

• 1 month later...