• Welcome To Mopar1973Man.Com LLC

We are a privately owned support forum for the Dodge Ram Cummins Diesels. All information is free to read for everyone. To interact or ask questions you must have a subscription plan to enable all other features beyond reading. Please go over to the Subscription Page and pick out a plan that fits you best. At any time you wish to cancel the subscription please go back over to the Subscription Page and hit the Cancel button and your subscription will be stopped. All subscriptions are auto-renewing. 

Miss at all RPMs

ED and I spoke about this today. I "May" be able to get my pump warranted, but I'm not holding my breath. So I will not take anything apart on it. ED and I also spoke about the "2 stroke gum up" that MFWI decided to start lying about... Not sure if I will have those problems with Industrial Injection or not. ED thinks I should be okay, but I'm getting skeptical of everyone now. I'm at 1/4 of a tank so I might run it really low and fill it up without 2 stroke. This would be her first tank without any since this VP went on.....

Edited by TFaoro
  • Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Have you checked the valves? See if you have one cylinder with a lot of play in the rocker arm. There is a possibility that you may have a bent push tube or possibly a lobe on the camshaft that may be going away.

Sorry for the late response.... I just got back from Jamaica. I have not checked the travel of each set of valves per say, but I have adjusted the valve lash a couple of times. I guess I could have a buddy turn the engine over slowly and I could measure how far down each set of valves travels. I could then rule out the cam, tappets, and push rods.

My injection pump is currently sitting at Industrial Injection, and hopefully I will know the health of the pump on Friday. 

• Owner

Sorry for the late response.... I just got back from Jamaica. I have not checked the travel of each set of valves per say, but I have adjusted the valve lash a couple of times. I guess I could have a buddy turn the engine over slowly and I could measure how far down each set of valves travels. I could then rule out the cam, tappets, and push rods.

My injection pump is currently sitting at Industrial Injection, and hopefully I will know the health of the pump on Friday. 

I highly suggest you don't turn that engine at all till the injection pump is back in place.

I highly suggest you don't turn that engine at all till the injection pump is back in place.

AGREED!!! Although if you do all you would need to do is pull the timing cover and make sure all the timing marks are lined up..........

Thanks for the suggestion! I planned on waiting till I get the pump back, although I don't think the timing gear can slip a tooth while it is inside the timing cover.... I can't remember where I read that may have been on Blue Chip's instruction page.

Yes it can. There was a guy over on my site that had his jump while the pump was off. He had to pull the timing cover to line up all the timing marks to get it to run right again.

• Like 2

when i rebuilt my engine i checked that very theory about the pump gear jumping, its very close to being able to but no matter how i couldnt get it to skip. i still stand strong on DONT TURN ANYTHING OVER until pump is back in place. im not saying it cant happen though.

Edited by CUMMINSDIESELPWR
  • Like 2

when i rebuilt my engine i checked that very theory about the pump gear jumping, its very close to being able to but no matter how i couldnt get it to skip. i still stand strong on DONT TURN ANYTHING OVER until pump is back in place. im not saying it cant happen though.

That is the way it is suppoed to be done, I don't know how it was done, but the guy did it. I can say for certain it is able to jump a tooth. It is not a difficult fix, but a PITA if it happens.

Rancherman I will put a clear line on it when I get the pump back to see if there is air in the fuel. 

Ed - When I have the pump back I will have someone turn the engine over slowly and I will watch each rocker to see how far the valve is pushed down. 

Keep the ideas coming guys I really appreciate it