• Welcome To Mopar1973Man.Com LLC

We are a privately owned support forum for the Dodge Ram Cummins Diesels. All information is free to read for everyone. To interact or ask questions you must have a subscription plan to enable all other features beyond reading. Please go over to the Subscription Page and pick out a plan that fits you best. At any time you wish to cancel the subscription please go back over to the Subscription Page and hit the Cancel button and your subscription will be stopped. All subscriptions are auto-renewing. 

Return tee on back of engine

I replaced mine a while back and used the factory rubber seals.  I couldn't believe how much they were but I was in a hurry so I used them.  It looked to me like a standard compression fittings would work if you can take it off and match the size.  That's what I would have done.  Maybe someone has already tried this and will chime in.

They said that the tee fittings are back east, but the seals are in Portland.  So it does not sound like it comes in a kit unless the tee's that are back east are a set?  I will check with a cummins dealer to see what they have on hand.  I was not sure if I could just get some O-rings from the hardware store?

I was wondering about a plastic tee that slips into a rubber hose, like a vacuum line?  There is not a lot of pressure, so not sure if that would solve the problem or just push it farther down the road?

I guess it has lasted almost 400,000 miles, so it can not be all that bad, might just have to get a few new parts and wait another 400,000 miles?

Wonder about the failure problems all together. I'm still using the factory tee after 122 years and not had a leak at the tee yet. I will most likely just replace with proper factor seals and continue on.

Wow! I think you have the record for the oldest VP truck!!

• Like 1

john deere likes to use similar tee fittings, and on them i have used a section of fuel line hose cut so i could just start the nut, and then crank it down.  never had it leak yet.... and way cheaper then the stealership or cummins....