• Welcome To Mopar1973Man.Com LLC

We are a privately owned support forum for the Dodge Ram Cummins Diesels. All information is free to read for everyone. To interact or ask questions you must have a subscription plan to enable all other features beyond reading. Please go over to the Subscription Page and pick out a plan that fits you best. At any time you wish to cancel the subscription please go back over to the Subscription Page and hit the Cancel button and your subscription will be stopped. All subscriptions are auto-renewing. 

Steering Box Leaking

It appears to be leaking from where the shaft (not pitnam arm) connects to gearbox. Since the truck has a lot of wandering, I figured I'd just replace the whole thing.  Although I've found many reasonably price remanufactured ones, I've read that remanufactured boxes don't last long and some leak almost immediately. Any recommendations?  This truck doesn't get driven much (4K in the last year and a half).

If you still have the wandering issue after replacing the gearbox check out the Ram Rock Solid Column bushing. It's about 60.00, easy to install, and takes quite a bit of play out of the steering. Also, I put a reman gearbox on mine not long ago and I made some adjustments on mine right off the bat. When I put it on it still felt sloppy so I adjusted it 1/4 turn at a time until I got it where I wanted it. This of course after I had checked the play in ball joints, tie rod ends, etc.