• Welcome To Mopar1973Man.Com LLC

We are a privately owned support forum for the Dodge Ram Cummins Diesels. All information is free to read for everyone. To interact or ask questions you must have a subscription plan to enable all other features beyond reading. Please go over to the Subscription Page and pick out a plan that fits you best. At any time you wish to cancel the subscription please go back over to the Subscription Page and hit the Cancel button and your subscription will be stopped. All subscriptions are auto-renewing. 

Living in North Carolina we don't frequently see extremely low temps but last year we had a few weeks that went as low as 8 degrees. I don't think they sell winterized diesel here, at least I can't find anything that says they do. I'm wondering at what temp should I use and anti-gel supplement? Also, I always run 2-stroke oil in my fuel. Is it safe to run anti-gel with the 2-stroke when necessary?

• Like 1

2 years  now,  running  both  2 stroke and  some  form  of    anti gel.

When to add?   'THE DAY BEFORE YOU REALLY NEED IT".  :ashamed:

Seriously now,     When expecting  a  cold blast,    say   several days  of      15  or lower    at night..   go for it.    put it in  when you fill the tank... so it  is  in the fuel before it   clouds.   After  it  clouds,   it's  too late.   

If  you  are sure  you have   straight  #2 diesel,  with no  winterization  products   Then    this ^^^^  should  work for you.

Edited by rancherman
  • Like 1

• Staff

I only add it when the winterization of the fuel I am buying is in question. Nothing in my tank now, and probably not for the rest of winter.

I generally only feel the need to add it in October and November, or if I expect to change climates to a much colder area (sub -15°) within one tank.

• Like 1

• Owner

Another thing you can do is contact the store owner and find out what the specs of the fuel are. It's a Hazardous Material there should be a specification of pour point, cloud point for most fuels. Just most people don't give a rats :moon: about these numbers. Strange though I found some places in Idaho that do post the numbers up.

1zba3ck.jpg

Being that most fuel are blend when loading the truck some much know what the pour point and cloud points and and should have a receipt of the shipment. 

• Like 1