• Welcome To Mopar1973Man.Com LLC

We are a privately owned support forum for the Dodge Ram Cummins Diesels. All information is free to read for everyone. To interact or ask questions you must have a subscription plan to enable all other features beyond reading. Please go over to the Subscription Page and pick out a plan that fits you best. At any time you wish to cancel the subscription please go back over to the Subscription Page and hit the Cancel button and your subscription will be stopped. All subscriptions are auto-renewing. 

Looking to swap to a manual trans

I have a 47re automatic transmission and about 1-2months ago lost over drive, so at 55mph Im riding at 3k rpms. I have to take back roads every where lol. I have a beater for now to get around over 40mph.  I am wanting to swap my automatic for a stick. I live in Strongsville, Ohio which is between Cleveland and Akron on the westside. Any one know a place within 3-4 hours where they would have everything I need? Thanks in advance for the help, and Happy New Year!

My understanding is that by the time you swap it to a manual the cost is as much as a new tranny would be. I don't kno wfor certain, but that is what I have read. If you want you can PM member Diesel4life and he can give you the number of a guy that is the Guru of the 47REs in NE Ohio. What ever you do DO NOT let Mike Blood touch it!

• Like 1

his price is high I think and at just over 4 hours it may be an option obviously things like wheelbase and if you are 2 or 4 wheel drive that makes a difference I don't know for sure if it will work in a second gen but I believe at one point second gens came with this transmission. 

http://chicago.craigslist.org/nwi/ptd/4820857242.html

looked at this awhile back as well don't know if it is still available and if it is, it is close enough to me that if you need someone to check it out I can do that for you

http://racine.craigslist.org/cto/4777272109.html

Edited by MoparFreak1988