• Welcome To Mopar1973Man.Com LLC

We are a privately owned support forum for the Dodge Ram Cummins Diesels. All information is free to read for everyone. To interact or ask questions you must have a subscription plan to enable all other features beyond reading. Please go over to the Subscription Page and pick out a plan that fits you best. At any time you wish to cancel the subscription please go back over to the Subscription Page and hit the Cancel button and your subscription will be stopped. All subscriptions are auto-renewing. 

Waiting for the Blizzard...

flagmanruss

Pretty much says it.  Wife has been bringing in the firewood & using the ATV to plow snow...  I can't get on the backhoe.  Last time the JD was run was when a family member plowed us out a couple of years ago.  Wife doesn't want me on the backhoe & refuses to help so there it sits, a big lawn ornament.   We're gonna be sorry...    

• Owner

48*F here and I've got a lawn.

Seeing some of the new feeds on the Internet I got to admit people are goofy as hell running to the store and buying everything out. Me. Just bring on the snow. I've got everything I need right here on the property. Food, water, heat (firewood), electricity, fuel. Don't need much... I just did a generator exercise a few days ago. Fire it up plugged in the inverter and cut the city breaker. 

I've got options... :smart:

Look at  most people today..  they have   MAYBE   2-3 days worth of food in the pantry.. If you can even call it a  pantry!   

They see/hear  a couple  folks   'stocking up'  for an  emergency..  which  snowballs  into total    stampede.   Most  are   stocking it for their own  use,   and  some  opportunists   see it as a  way to  make  a  quick buck.

ammo sales,  generators, food...   

Cousin  a  few years  back    took off to    Washington state  with  an emply   50' cargo  box (semi)  and  bought every   portable  generator  some importer dock  had.   He  busted  butt to the east coast, and   sold the  whole  shebang  in  3 hours,  right off the back of the truck.    He  doubled his  money, even after  fuel.     Nobody on  my side of  the  family  can  stand  the  SOB^^^^ 

I can't remember  if  the juice was out due to   Sandy,  or   a  nor'easter..

Edited by rancherman

I haven't had a damn thing.  I think one day there was white on the ground if you strangled yourself just right.  There was ice a few times, not enough to even need 4wd.  So it's been very very, boring.  I want a foot on the ground.  But it's definitely nice not having to scrape the windshield this year.  

Post up some pics Russ..  I've forgotten what snow looks like. 

• Owner

Some areas have gotten 3 feet in roughly 24 hours. Heavy wet snow along with 70mph winds. Coastal flooding in parts of CT from high tide. NY is probably counting their blessings.

http://www.weather.com/storms/winter/news/winter-storm-juno-snow-totals-wind-gusts

A little Finnish humor

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/B8Wo0HZIIAAt3Yv.jpg:large

Edited by diesel4life

It's happening here right now.  Have probably 14-16" of snow now and they're calling for the "heaviest" snow to start around 4:00PM. Started around midnight last night.   It's hard to tell how much snow we've gotten because of the wind..................which is coming out of the ENE with gusts to 40mph.

Pictures tomorrow.  I'm hibernating and gonna watch the SB tonight.

Anybody heard from Russ?

Parts of R.I. got it pretty good, and he hasn't checked back in since he started this thread.

This is what we got Friday, the deck and table was cleared the day before. Its coming down out there pretty good again, probably snowed another 4-6" today. Was out back today and its well over my knees, and I'm about 6'2".

post-879-0-57288900-1422832950_thumb.jpg

post-879-0-82443200-1422832999_thumb.jpg

well, THIS storm moved off late this afternoon... seen the sun go down tonight. 'we' only got about 6 inches, but the further south and east from here it gets deep fast!

Oh man, when we get an E-NE wind, we are doomed!

Yeah............I'm about 12 miles East of Lake Michigan........................still snowing hard as ever and wind blowing harder........................looks like I never shoveled off the driveway at all!!!!! :duh:

Geez..... Up here we are about 13" SHY for the month of January and have probably 4" on the ground.......... It hasn't been real warm, but we just haven't gotten the normal snowfall.

OK guys and gals.....................here's a few pix of the first real snow we've gotten here this year.  Probably got 18-20" at my place;  although it's kinda hard to tell because of how hard the wind was blowing.  The one picture is taken out my living room window after I got home Sunday afternoon.

post-7-0-01239400-1422993923_thumb.jpg

post-7-0-03981600-1422994081_thumb.jpg

post-7-0-72550500-1422994231_thumb.jpg

post-7-0-13015600-1422994327_thumb.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

They can't predict daily weather but they want us to believe the earth is going to end in a few years due to man made climate change based on the same science/people used to predict weather.............................................. :duh:  :rolleyes:

oh, but they are  'scientists'. 

Geez,   even they   agree that  we've been in several   ice ages..  The last one  wasn't that long ago either!       wouldn't that be considered  a    climate change?? 

So, man  comes along,  and   that  exact point of  existence  is  supposed to  be  'normal'...

We've still got over 24" on the ground here. Had a lot more but had two days of mid 30s and RAIN of all things. Makes for quite the mess when it rains on top of 30" of snow.

We got another 4-6" overnight, then the skies cleared up and temps dropped from low 20s to -13 with 35mph winds. Had some yayhoo knocking on my door at 5am asking for some help getting his truck out of the ditch. I'm not real personable when I first get up, especially when a stranger is banging on my door. I'm always suspicious of such things as this, its how people get robbed all the time so when I opened the door I MADE SURE the first thing he saw was my .45. I would hate to ever be in the situation to use it, but when it comes to him or my family, guess whose gonna have a bad day.

Turned out he was a fairly helpless youngish kid and was nearly frozen. He walked almost a mile to my house with nothing but a heavy sweatshirt (what is it with kids not wearing coats?) said he didn't bother stopping at the other houses because they didn't have a truck. So because I left mine out overnightI won the lottery. Lucky me! Truck wasn't plugged in (wasn't planning on going anywhere) but she lit right off even at -13 and NO ANTIGEL (Just throwing that out there from another thread!)

Didn't think to take a picture of his truck but thought the sky was pretty neat coming home with the sun just coming up. Clear and cold.

post-879-0-84366400-1424006968_thumb.jpg

post-879-0-60602300-1424006988_thumb.jpg