• Welcome To Mopar1973Man.Com LLC

We are a privately owned support forum for the Dodge Ram Cummins Diesels. All information is free to read for everyone. To interact or ask questions you must have a subscription plan to enable all other features beyond reading. Please go over to the Subscription Page and pick out a plan that fits you best. At any time you wish to cancel the subscription please go back over to the Subscription Page and hit the Cancel button and your subscription will be stopped. All subscriptions are auto-renewing. 

Console cup holder

After messing up the cupholder in the dash...and finding no replacement.

I ordered the cup holder that fits on the front of the console from Geno's.

Takes a while to get here but its a pretty nice setup for my coffee.

No I don't drink and drive, but I do pick up a couple every morning for the boss and I. 

I don't drive the truck much in the winter but being able to use both hands to drive is better than holding 1 of those cardboard trays with 1 hand.

Regards Chris...now full of caffene

Sounds good, when I had counsel cup holder I cut bottom out of one of them so my coffee cup sits in deeper and doesn't fly out on every corner. Just gotta remember not to put regular pop can in that hole.
My bad I was talking about dash cup holder.
Hey thanks for tis post, I just looked at it liked it and got one coming.

Edited by Dieselfuture

I have seen the cup holder setup in the standard transmission cab.

Pretty much as good as it gets.

The auto trans is not so much.

I will eventually get the parts to repair mine proper.

In the mean time the console cup holder works fine.

Tried it out today and coffee fits great.

Now if you wanna see a crappy cupholder check out 4th gen jetta...ugh.

Chris

Got mine today from genos, looks and performs great, I'll post a picture later. Back in day my grandfather used to work at molding factory, he would say the cost on this should be 25 cents. But obviously he didn't have any molds for cup holders or I'd be rich.

This picture is with tranny in 6th gear.

post-1102-0-28005300-1422746330_thumb.jp

Edited by Dieselfuture
  • Like 1

Got mine today from genos, looks and performs great, I'll post a picture later. Back in day my grandfather used to work at molding factory, he would say the cost on this should be 25 cents. But obviously he didn't have any molds for cup holders or I'd be rich.

That's exactly what I thought when I got mine. Probably 25 cents to make it. After listening to the dash console vibrate like crazy, it was well worth the money, I like it. Nice and quiet now. Well, at least the dash is, you can hear the truck coming for a mile. My wife just hides her head whenever she's with me.  She's yet to understand my love of the carport vibrating and the smell of diesel when I fire it up on a cold morning.

Edited by rlane547

My cup holder broke when a bear stepped on it. The bear broke the driver's window to get in for some nuts that were left in the cab. Wife found a small wicker basket to hold up the cup holder tray. It's been like that since 07. 

Who knew, it might be a good idea to put up your cupholder because a bear might step on it. In the world of cupholder problems I don't think anyone is ever going to be able to top that one!!