• Welcome To Mopar1973Man.Com LLC

We are a privately owned support forum for the Dodge Ram Cummins Diesels. All information is free to read for everyone. To interact or ask questions you must have a subscription plan to enable all other features beyond reading. Please go over to the Subscription Page and pick out a plan that fits you best. At any time you wish to cancel the subscription please go back over to the Subscription Page and hit the Cancel button and your subscription will be stopped. All subscriptions are auto-renewing. 

Need some help please!

"C"bomb

Its been a while since I've on here so I have to say I'm sorry! Life has been crazy to say the least.

One of the things I've been dealing with is something with my truck...

I had my injectors tested and they came back bad so I had mine cleaned, extrude honed, flow tested and balanced. They all came back at 29lpm, put them in my truck following all torque specs to the T, truck runs better and has no more throttle hang!

Now comes the help part.... Before the injectors were tested I had this vibration start, it vibrates at idle and while cruising more so under acceleration but when I'm in the throttle at higher speed 65+ it's smooth like it should be.

I've been thinking its internal in the engine but when the injectors were tested they ran a test to see if I washed a cylinder but the shop said the return rate of the pistons (forgot the exact terminology) something they did with starscan. I've checked the flex plate but didn't find any visible cracks, checked the harmonic balancer but the rubber is not cracked or pulling out.

What am I missing? What may I have over looked? I'm rally getting to my wits end with this truck! I love it but hate thinking at any time the motor might let go and leave me stranded with the family. Any help or onsite would be very appreciated! Thanks for looking!

I can't find where to do it on my phone so Ill have to later.

Truck is a 2006 ram qclb auto. 84K miles. Trans is stock.

Has banks six gun tuner with IQ monitor, banks high ram intake, afe intake, banks 4" exhaust, Bosch injectors extrude honed to 90's.

6" lift on 37's

Can you give more details on the vibration, in gear or in park /neutral, cab rattles or can feel slight vibration in floor or steer wheel or mirrors vibrate bad to where you can't see from them, ect. The vibration just started out of the blue or progressed to be worse? Any unusual noises along with vibration.

You didn't mention if the vibration is still there after the injector R&R or not, I presume it still does since you posted about it.

I would check your rear driveshaft carrier bearing, your description sounds exactly like one of those failing.

Agree^^^^^!!

Until he gives us more details this doesn't make sense as he said it does it at idle too in his original post.

Sorry for the late reply, the vibration can be felt in the steering wheel, pedals, and seat. The seat not as bad as the other two.

One thing I don't think I mentioned was, some days the truck runs like I feel it should some I just want to pull over and have it towed.

I hear a tap/tick coming from under the hood on the drivers side that seems to go along with the vibration, the noise is more heard under acceleration at 1500 rpm and higher.

It had just started doing this before swapping out injectors, no blowy what so ever. Checked the valve but didn't need an adjustment, I also put a AD165 when I did the injectors. I'm not making oil, but I did notice the front and rear seals are leaking. Not much but they are a little wet which was not like that when I got it. No codes.

Looks like the guy may have run bio when he owned it, its a one owner truck from California and had 59K when I got it.

Edited by "C"bomb

And it still vibrates after the injector R&R then?

If so does it do it while moving only or even sitting still in neutral and park or in gear but stopped?

Sorry for the 100 question quiz but just looking for all the details to start nailing it down to a certain area.

Yes before the injectors 3 different sets still the thing. The vibration is always there, it just follows the rpms. Never gets violent or cuts out just a constant vibration, I'd say the worst it's been I could see my hand shaking on the steering wheel while sitting at a light. I can also hear a droning sound while r using once in a while like a slow rotation from the engine.

Edited by "C"bomb

Rules out driveline then, tick from engine compartment and shakes your hand at idle while not moving at its worst.

Check your fan hub clutch bearing assembly to make sure it isn't failing and the fan to make sure all the blades are on it to rule out a fan out of balance. It doesn't seem to be an engine miss does it? Does it start fine hot and cold, with no unusual smoke at startup?

What part of the country are you in, is fuel supply Winter fuel or not?

Starts perfectly with no hesitation at all, doesn't have any misses and no unusual smoke. Actually my 90's smoke less than my stocks did. I'm in Portland Oregon so we are using the winter blend, I always get fuel from a high volume station as well. I'll check the fan assembly though never thought of that.

I agree with wild and free check the fan clutch.  Your handshaking on the steering wheel....   To be safe, you should check your wheel bearings. Let me know if you need instructions on how to do this...  Also for safety check your U-joints however your mileage would make me think they are good. You can do the quick forward reverse forward reverse and listen for a clunk or some other strange sound.  

How do I go about checking the fan? See if OT has movement back and forth? What am I looking for? Sorry never have check for bad fan before, I emailed don't the back and forth thing checking for bad u joints but haven't heard anything.

Edited by "C"bomb