• Welcome To Mopar1973Man.Com LLC

We are a privately owned support forum for the Dodge Ram Cummins Diesels. All information is free to read for everyone. To interact or ask questions you must have a subscription plan to enable all other features beyond reading. Please go over to the Subscription Page and pick out a plan that fits you best. At any time you wish to cancel the subscription please go back over to the Subscription Page and hit the Cancel button and your subscription will be stopped. All subscriptions are auto-renewing. 

Diamond eye exhaust

Yes, I had to cut mine, actually in two places. one for the replacement pipe, and I trimmed the end behind the tire as it stuck out way to far for me and had no angle to it.  I really wouldn't recommend a hack saw unless you have no other choice.  I will be hard for you to maintain a straight line with it unless you really take your time.  Good luck.

Yea I really don't want to bust out the hack saw. I thought worst case I could get the stock exhaust off with it but I'd still be at a standstill if I had to cut the diamond eye.

I'm going to ask around and see if anyone has a oscillating saw or chop saw I can borrow otherwise it might be time to get one for myself.

18inches seems like a lot to cut! Although I was looking at all the pieces and thinking that it looked longer then the truck!

If you have a local harbor freight, you could probably pick up a cheap sawzall for $20 bucks or so, but I agree with Tyler, if you can find a local shop, and measure 4 times, cut once, you should be able to get it done for just a few bucks anyway, any bandsaw is going to cut it so fast they may feel bad for charging you.....lol

If you have a metal shop somewhere near you they might cut it for free, you would just have to measure!

If you have a local harbor freight, you could probably pick up a cheap sawzall for $20 bucks or so, but I agree with Tyler, if you can find a local shop, and measure 4 times, cut once, you should be able to get it done for just a few bucks anyway, any bandsaw is going to cut it so fast they may feel bad for charging you.....lol

I'll definitely look into both options.

How many inches did you add to compensate for the pipe fitting into the joining pipe?

I don't recall exactly but I want to say somewhere in the 3.5" range. Easiest way is just to assemble pipes... Mark a line, dissemble and measure. adjust that measurement 1/4"-1/2" inch in case you need a little extra give somewhere else. And for crying out loud, get it done so we can hear it......lol

LOL! :lmao:

I'm working on it! Unfortunately it seems like when it rains, it pours! Work has been laying it on thick as of late, so when I get it on, you guys will be the first to know! :thumbup2:

I was looking back through the instructions and it says "add 5in for the slip joints" so I'd assume that 2.5 on each end? I'm not sure, I figure I'll get it laid out as best I can under the truck and go from there!

You should only have to cut the one piece unless you need cosmetic adjustment.  I'm picky bout how the tail pipe comes out so I needed to work mine a bit.  Truth of the matter is, if you start at the turbo and start your way back, it should go together pretty good and you should have a hanger at the crossmember to secure it.  Which technically makes a safe stopping point. Worse comes to worse, you could drive it to the shop of your choosing and have the pipe cut, then go home and finish the install.  Don't get me wrong, it will be loud as !@#%, but you would at least be mobile.

I'm the same way as far as the tail pipe goes too! I've heard some people said it stuck out way to far and others said it lined up perfect. What tip did you end up using? I sort of like the way the exhaust looks without a tip but I'll see how I like it once it's on the truck!

I think I'm going to end up buying an oscillating saw Saturday and getting it on then. My main concern is it looks like that muffler replacement piece is going to add A LOT of extra length to the system so I'm sure I'll have to cut a decent amount so I want to have the tools to do it myself. Plus this is an easy justification to buy tools! haha

I don't run a tip since mine is 5" already...seems unnecessarily redundant, since some guys buy 5" tips ya know.  As far as the install, MY OPINION from experience is that you need to work front to middle and then back to middle.  Once you get it set on the cross member, ( more specifically, the final piece before having a cut piece) stop and resume from the tailpipe area, I only say this cause you are going to need the final piece hanging in order to get the correct measurement on the piece to be cut.  If you put this "to be cut" piece in place, you can't hang the final piece to see where you want it... or at least you will fight against it terribly.  It will make more sense when you're doing it. Plus can easily use something to stack under the final piece so you can adjust it in, out, up and down.......and also so you can climb in, out, up, and down from beneath the truck to see which of your adjustments look the best.... and to get another beer if needed....lol

Thanks for the pic! Puts it into perspective a little more now!

I FINALLY got mine installed today! Ran into a couple things that held me up a bit, but I'll take pics and post a video and put all that in there.

Did you guys use the diamond eye supplied exhaust clamps? I got 3/4 the way through and realized the way I was tightening them down wasn't working. I had to make sure the base piece was touching both joining pieces of exhaust before tightening otherwise it would still move. Anyone else experience this?