• Welcome To Mopar1973Man.Com LLC

We are a privately owned support forum for the Dodge Ram Cummins Diesels. All information is free to read for everyone. To interact or ask questions you must have a subscription plan to enable all other features beyond reading. Please go over to the Subscription Page and pick out a plan that fits you best. At any time you wish to cancel the subscription please go back over to the Subscription Page and hit the Cancel button and your subscription will be stopped. All subscriptions are auto-renewing. 

WOO HOO! Smarty touch in the plans for the 05!

Sold my Smarty Jr. this morning, its headed for an 04.5 in PA,  now I get to finally order my first major upgrade in several years.

Going to order the smarty touch system for my 05 next week. :woot:  :hyper:

Anyone have any input as to the best vendor to get one from, I know there are no "Deals" with them all vendors are locked into selling for the same price from what I see but want to get input as to which vendor folks think I should support and why, obviously since the buyer found my Smarty for sale in my signature link to the add on here of all places I will give a MM1973man vendor the business to support the family. :thumb1:

The main reason I went with it was to expand my options and the fact I have never put gauges on the rig since owning it, wanted to go digital display but wasn't really seeing what I was looking for until this sweet thing appeared and knew instantly it was the one. Only thing is for 05 it doesn't have tranny temp for a PID it displays so that would be the only physical gauge along with a fuel supply pressure gauge I would need to add separately and I think when I do these they will be in a dual pod on top of the steering column..

• Like 1

I don't know anything about the 'Touch' but I assumed it connected into the obd2 connector like the Edge Insight does.  If it does in fact connect to the truck via the obd2 connector there is a tranny temp signal that can be read from it.but maybe the Touch just doesn't pick it up like the Edge does,  That's too bad.  :rolleyes:

It does hook up to the OBD2 port and According to the chart of PID's from their site the 04.5 - 05.5 do not offer that PID, jump to 06 and you have access to almost everything under the sun. I will wait on the physical gauges until I see for sure that it does or doesn't display.

http://www.madselectronics.com/pids2005.html

Here is a year to year list of what each model years PID is supported.

http://www.madselectronics.com/SmartyTouchPIDS.html

Sold my Smarty Jr. this morning, its headed for an 04.5 in PA,  now I get to finally order my first major upgrade in several years.

Going to order the smarty touch system for my 05 next week. :woot:  :hyper:

Anyone have any input as to the best vendor to get one from, I know there are no "Deals" with them all vendors are locked into selling for the same price from what I see but want to get input as to which vendor folks think I should support and why, obviously since the buyer found my Smarty for sale in my signature link to the add on here of all places I will give a MM1973man vendor the business to support the family. :thumb1:

G-day BILL! [wild n free] looks like you didnt waste any time ordering your TOUCH! be intristing to hear how & what it monitors... did you order it with express shipping?! Now i wonder why i ever agreed on std. mail for your SMARTY JR!  I want it NOW!!!  :drool:    MATTHEW

• Like 1

John, I did order it from DAP and did not order it with the TNT or SSR unlock, Brian over on smarty forum says TNT-R is a free unlock just need to call them if ever want it and like you said John that is why I did not order it at this time as I am 100% stock for the most part except for opened up exhaust and OEM air filter cold air intake mod. You have any input / advice for me for when I get it John, I know you are tied in with them for testing things?

Welcome to the site Organicfarmer Matt. :thumb1:

Saw on the smarty forum that they are working on adding more PIDS for the 04.5-05.5 MY to include tranny readings and will be an update when it is ready.

• Staff

Yes TNT-R is free, but unless you change your valve springs, pushrods, and turbine housing or turbo I wouldn't bother . All you really get is additional RPMs, and stock motors don't like them as much. 

It's a very simple and straightforward install, and I really like mine. 

I am fairly certain that the PID list on the website needs updated, as I recall seeing a transmission menu on my 05. I can look tonight.

• Like 1

I will have to call DAP and see if they will refund me the difference, I was charged full price. I actually ordered it on May 1 so I should get a rebate if Smarty is offering this through their vendors then right? Would I get a discount on the pyro kit as well or just the touch system? I am out of town for a few days for business trip in Rapid city SD  at the RMMMA, my wife said that there was a note on the door from fedex wanting sig for a package today I have a few coming but I am assuming it is for the touch. Hopefully I can get it and install it this weekend as the weather is going to be cool and rainy so perfect for an install project.

Thanks Brian, I tried calling them but they must have closed early today, no answer, left message and messaged them through their site. Missed FedEx again today, hopefully I can catch them tomorrow so I have it this weekend to install, might have to go to Bismarck and get it at the fedex facility if they are not running trucks on Saturday.

GOOD EVE. BILL, did you get your TOUCH yet? I got my new [your old] JR today! thanks so much,BILL, the JR was just as you said. matthew

Fire up a thread after you get a chance to try out my old JR and let us know what you think. :thumb1:  :popcorn:

:lol3: I finally got to touch my "Touch". Will get it installed later today or tomorrow. :cummins:

Is there a pillar mount option for the touch display yet or in the works? I have not seen one or maybe I just have not looked close enough yet?

Would the Edge CTS pillar mount be similar or totally off base here.

I am a total hater of windshield mounts, I have yet to find one that holds more than a day on any of my vehicles, When you can get a 40-50+-* temp swing every day its hard for them to stick. I find Velcro is much easier to deal with in some instances but can be quite an ugly site in some areas than windshield suction cups devices.