• Welcome To Mopar1973Man.Com LLC

We are a privately owned support forum for the Dodge Ram Cummins Diesels. All information is free to read for everyone. To interact or ask questions you must have a subscription plan to enable all other features beyond reading. Please go over to the Subscription Page and pick out a plan that fits you best. At any time you wish to cancel the subscription please go back over to the Subscription Page and hit the Cancel button and your subscription will be stopped. All subscriptions are auto-renewing. 

broke down hillsville, va

• Staff

I don't know but I think you'll need to go to Cummins parts.

So it snapped from high pressure and fatigue?

Is there a way it might work to cap that one off till you get home? This might be a bad idea however :duh:

Perhaps a wrecking yard nearby.

I've never heard of this happening either.

You have no idea how lucky I am. I try to treat everyone with respect and this was one of those times it came back to me. I blew the line right after fueling up so I thought it was bad fuel, I had my wife find a napa up ahead and it was 16 miles down i77. The gps took me to a dead end residential street instead of the napa- unreal. At that point I saw smoke and smelled diesel and knew something was wrong. As I pulled into the napa in Hillsville, VA, a guy came walking up and asked if I needed any tools, as he was inside when I called the clerk to check on a fuel filter. When we popped the hood we saw fuel on everything and I mean everything from the firewall to the rear axle. I cranked the truck and we didn't see anything but fuel mist. I removed the filter housing and cranked it again and we could see the fuel shooting straight back out of the number three line that was broken clean off. Unbelievable the truck didn't catch fire. At least it's rustproofed. I got a hold of a company called cobra diesel and he happened to have a non running parts truck behind his shop and he called his weekend mechanic to bring the lines down. I took the number 3 out put it on, cracked a few injector lines and we were in business - 4 hours total. Absolutely thankful for everyone that helped me today. Could have been a trip ender for sure!

• Like 4

AGP Turbo

Man Im sorry, i am only about 1/2hr from Wythville and 40 from Hillsville, I was in garage all day reinstalling valve body in trans and didn't see this till this morning. i had a hole set of lines and some new.. id been glade to came to ya and got you going...

as I am in your neck of the woods sometimes,

MT Morris, waynesburg, Indiana, Johnstown, etc..

i just thought of something, may not be worth much "But here goes

Do you still have all your clamps and isolators on your injector lines????   The only time I've seen this myself is when somebody has had line off and didn't bother to put back some or none of the clamps/isolators

Edited by rburks

Rburks, thanks for that- I still have a lot of this trip to go and a return trip home so keep looking here! Funny you mention the isolators- when the guy brought the line set, I noticed his had an extra on my doesn't - the 3 bar one closest to the vp on the set that broke. After closely inspecting my existing lines, I could see the faint marks where it originally was. He let me take that extra one and I am going to install it before we leave myrtle for florida. My truck had a vp installed before I bought it at a shop on WV, so I guess whoever put it on left it on the shop floor lol. NOW , I have to cross my fingers that the other 2 weren't affected.