• Welcome To Mopar1973Man.Com LLC

We are a privately owned support forum for the Dodge Ram Cummins Diesels. All information is free to read for everyone. To interact or ask questions you must have a subscription plan to enable all other features beyond reading. Please go over to the Subscription Page and pick out a plan that fits you best. At any time you wish to cancel the subscription please go back over to the Subscription Page and hit the Cancel button and your subscription will be stopped. All subscriptions are auto-renewing. 

Heat Wave!

• Owner

Up here in Idaho there is several places that are going to reach above 100*F mark today and the next few days. Then on the other hand please folk be careful with the use of fire. Also please take the time and look over your vehicles and fix any leaks you have. I've just seen a nasty vehicle fire that was a total loss. It could of been cause by leaking fuel or engine we'll never know but lets work together to protect your vehicles and families from harm.

• Staff

Usually we get one more good rain in the NW just before the 4th. I don't think it will happen this year. Plus it's unusually dry. Sometimes I wish they'd ban fireworks in dry years.

• Staff

This weather is getting serious out here in the PNW. We generally have this type of weather for a couple weeks with rapid evening cooling. This year it seems we have another continual hot summer. Unrelenting heat from a well entrenched high pressure system blocking normal marine air.. It is very strong and accounts for our not having any real winter. It looks as though it's going to be around for awhile is my worry. Doubly serious with the amount of beautiful  forest land we have. It's a great resource out here.

The streams and rivers are abnormally low as if it were the end of summer the way they look. Our tallest mountain in Oregon is normally covered in snow about 75% to almost 90% but, now looks more like a giant rock with only about 30% coverage.

I know throughout history that God destroyed those cities and empires with drought and famine the more it became like Sodom and Gommorah and yet our supreme court says it okay to have same sex marriages. What is wrong with these idiots aren't they educated? What about our children.... who do they think they are to change God's law... sending this evil message.

I pray for all you guys on here that we don't experience God's wrath because of it.

You can delete this Mike, as I know it may be extreme but I'm just sick about America.

• Staff

It's cloudy here now feels really nice but you can feel the thunderstorm convection starting up. I hope Mike, that you don't get lightening strikes there either.

BTW...... 113 degrees?! that's impossible isn't it. I'll take mine over easy.

High of 68*F yesterday and a whopping 61*F today. I'd be loving the weather if it wasn't for the 3.5" of rain we got in 24 hours yesterday. We've had rain several days each week for the past few weeks and our water table is FULL. Earlier in the week around Wednesday or Thursday we got hit with more than 2" and yesterday was the breaking point for a lot of people. Roads are flooded over, fields are under water, and basements are flooding including ours yesterday for the first time since we've been here. Crazy weather for sure.

Edited by diesel4life

Been a bit cooler than normal here this spring, had a very dry fall and basically no snow this winter was looking to be dry then the rains came and have set in all spring , we are full of water in all aspects and eastern Montana has been getting a lot of water too causing the Missouri river to be running at just below minor flood stage in the North western part of ND. Ponds creeks rivers lakes and ground water are all at capacity and it has been raining consistently 1-2 times a week but it is keeping things nice but not causing too many issues yet.

Yesterday it was extremely smoky and hazy all over ND due to firers in Canada, was supposed to be close to 90 yesterday and full sun but it only hit low 80's and was overcast hazy from the heavy smoke which kept the temps down, looks to be about the same today.

No draught here at all.

I know how they suck, as a kid I grew up on the farm through the mid 80's through the mid 90's years as a decade long draught here in the upper Midwest, wasn't fun at all. We have short stints every few years but have not had a bad long term one like that since luckily. Have been in a 10 year wet cycle now which has been nice and unusual for us.

• Owner

I just did a ATV ride up Hazard Road and Wow! The wild plants and grass are taller than my ATV. We are forecast for 90's all week now. Today we are forecast for 50% thunderstorms. Not good. Last night the temp never fell below 70*F so the house stayed rather overly warm last night being we don't have A/C here.