• Welcome To Mopar1973Man.Com LLC

We are a privately owned support forum for the Dodge Ram Cummins Diesels. All information is free to read for everyone. To interact or ask questions you must have a subscription plan to enable all other features beyond reading. Please go over to the Subscription Page and pick out a plan that fits you best. At any time you wish to cancel the subscription please go back over to the Subscription Page and hit the Cancel button and your subscription will be stopped. All subscriptions are auto-renewing. 

Not a happy camper...

Had several of those happen here in the state with 60+ MPH winds all day long and 40+ sustained wind speeds for up to 15 minutes several times according to the weather stations at work.

We have on spot about 30 miles north of Bismarck that is known for crosswinds through an S curce through a large coulee on US hiway 83 4 laner that claim numerous trailers / campers ect every year.

Holy Cow!! That would ruin a trip.  I've never had anything close to this happen but it seems that slowing down would have helped.  I imagine that tapping the trailer brakes on the brake controller may have straightened the trailer up.  It never ceases to amaze me how often I am passed on the freeway by a undersized truck (or better yet, a SUV)  pulling an oversized trailer.  Even full size trucks like the one in this video seem to fly down the freeways at the speed limit or a few MPH over.  No thanks, I hope I never experience this.

I've seen videos like this where the trailer will flip but the hitch will continue to hold.  Maybe it did hold and it ripped the whole receiver off the truck, not even the safety chains kept the truck and trailer together.  Watching that truck slide sideways on the road it is a wonder it didn't flip.  Somebody could have really been hurt or killed by this.

Edited by Hawkez