• Welcome To Mopar1973Man.Com LLC

We are a privately owned support forum for the Dodge Ram Cummins Diesels. All information is free to read for everyone. To interact or ask questions you must have a subscription plan to enable all other features beyond reading. Please go over to the Subscription Page and pick out a plan that fits you best. At any time you wish to cancel the subscription please go back over to the Subscription Page and hit the Cancel button and your subscription will be stopped. All subscriptions are auto-renewing. 

Painting rocker panels

I plan to paint my rocker panels black on white. What do you guys do with the area that you can see through the crack in the bottom of the door? Some paint worn off from foot drag over while entering or exiting the truck. So needs something. Mask off and paint into the door opening an inch or so? What is done with factory two tone paint jobs? Picture maybe with door open would be awesome.

Plan on using black hammered finish Hammerite. Tough as nails. Has glass particles in it.

• Staff

I think you brought up a good question. On my all black truck I can't give an answer though. I think your ideas are really good as far as the type of paint and dealing with the threshold.

Mine is a light color on a dark red.  I bought it off the lot & never cared for the color scheme.  When I do it over, it'll be old school, flat black rockers & lower body panel.  Or maybe something tough like bedliner.  What I did was some stick on stair tread stuff on the door threshold as if anybody used the back seat (kids), they get up at the front doors & walk back on the flat threshold surface. 

I don't think the lower body color comes inside at all.  I can take another look when I go out to move the truck later.

I just checked mine.  There's an indent where the edge of the door comes in...  a little 1/2" x 1/2" step if you will...  the light color rolls onto the horrizinal surface of this step.  The main color comes down the verticle surface to meet it. 

• Staff

I like Hammerite paint because I painted my mail boxes in both places we've lived and it last for a very long time. One box was rusty and ugly so I poured the paint on and brushed it out like thick glazing as the paint was very old and thick in the can. It looked good for a long time.