• Welcome To Mopar1973Man.Com

We can see you lurking about Mopar1973Man.Com reading articles and reading other member's posts. Are you trying to solve a problem with your Dodge / Ram Turbo Diesel Cummins? We have lots of helpful members and staff on the Mopar1973Man.Com and are willing to give guidance on how to fix or improve your truck. You know when you see good valued information here on Mopar1973Man.Com. We are not corporate owned like many of the other websites out there. Like Cummins Forum (VerticalScope Inc.). Mopar1973Man.Com is entirely privately owned and operated since 2004. Your subscription funds goes towards server maintenance and software maintenance. We happen to be one of the most friendliest and helpful websites for Cummins Owners in the world. Come join us and register and then pick a subscription plan

Next year I have to haul a 25' camper half way to NY, about 1200 miles.  I'll be curious to see how I do then vs the empty return trip back.  I'll be followed by a 1994 GMC with a 350 pulling a truck bed trailer.  I'm sure I'll be stopping for gas a lot more than diesel.    

I grew up during a 92 light K2500 and a 93 K1500 burb, both with TBI 350’s. It was rare to get more than 15mpg, even trying. Dad sold the 93 for a 97 K2500 burb with a 454. 11-13 empty, and 4-7 towing... but it had great power. After he put headers/exhaust on it the milage could touch 14 empty. Made it to 325K, lost the engine and trans in the same day and unrelated. Should have bought it to stuff the power train in a K5. 

Years ago we were moving my folks from MT back to WA. My brother had a 06 QC LB 2500 Hemi and a 7x16 enclosed trailer. He towed it empty to MT at 12 mpg or lower. I towed it back to WA full at 14 in my 05 QC LB 5.9. Kinda funny. 

• Like 2