• Welcome To Mopar1973Man.Com LLC

We are a privately owned support forum for the Dodge Ram Cummins Diesels. All information is free to read for everyone. To interact or ask questions you must have a subscription plan to enable all other features beyond reading. Please go over to the Subscription Page and pick out a plan that fits you best. At any time you wish to cancel the subscription please go back over to the Subscription Page and hit the Cancel button and your subscription will be stopped. All subscriptions are auto-renewing. 

New BHAF options!

Air Filter Poll  

26 members have voted

1. 1. What would you use?

• BHAF
    • New airbox for new filter
    • Full air box kit and filter

I currently am working with a manufacturer to have an additional BHAF filter option. This filter uses Donaldson's Powercore technology and has a capable flow rate of 1300 CFM while filtering the air down to a micron rating substantially better than stock.
I am currently in process doing heat soak and IAT temp checks and EGT checks at WOT runs, cruising, part throttle acceleration and transient boost speed from cruising to passing acceleration.
Next tank of diesel will be a fuel economy test to see if any improvement exists.

I will do my best to keep everyone up to speed.

• Like 2

Make sure to take note of IAT and OAT temps both. Because the difference between the two is the key factor.

I am. There is alot of data to compile. I'm using the data logger on the Quadzilla to give me maximum values. The rest is done by constant monitoring.

So far at idle beyond 15 minutes the IAT temperature stabilizes around 140 and intake temperature(air horn) is 10 degrees cooler and the ambient temperature is right at 85 with I'd say 50% humidity.

Last WOT run produced 200 degrees less EGT going from 55 MPH to 75 MPH. I'm keeping the Quadzilla off for now since not many people have as large of injectors or the size turbo I have just to keep the power closer to someone using wire tapped fueling/timing boxes such as the Edge tuner.

I will keep everyone up to speed as I am available to update.

Edited by Vais01

I will add a little side note the BHAF I have is utilizing a 5 inch flanged filter with a hose clamp style attachment. A 4 inch flanged filter also exists.

Just a quick question. When time comes I will post a photo of the BHAF and part numbers but I assume I will need to use a photo bucket account please let me know if this is accurate.

I would suggest against the photobucket. It's best to upload all that to the site. That way if photobucket goes down or you just dump photobucket then all the photos are lost. I've lost several good articles to people doing that and now the photos and information are gone. :kick:

Is there a link I can use to learn how to upload photos?

I would use photobucket.

Once you get things compiled we can work with you to create an article and store the images locally.

I am interested as I am still running %100 oem intake haha.

If this filter works out you will truly see a difference using your HE351VE.

Mike,

Can a none admin upload to our internal photo store?   I know I was never able to, it would just error out.  dunno if that was related to another issue or not.  I agree photobucket isn't a good thing to do, but I know that I can go back and move those photos over once the end user puts them up.  

vais01,

What's your actual name ( easier for me to remember).  I can work with you to show you how to upload images.  

Mike,

Can a none admin upload to our internal photo store? I know I was never able to, it would just error out. dunno if that was related to another issue or not. I agree photobucket isn't a good thing to do, but I know that I can go back and move those photos over once the end user puts them up.

vais01,

What's your actual name ( easier for me to remember). I can work with you to show you how to upload images.

It's James Vais. Simple name really.

I don't want to upload photos yet until I can see enough data to prove this filter to the vendor's engineering guys. I told him by the end of the week I should have enough data compiled to give it the go-ahead.

The upload feature on the forum should accept up to 20 megabytes worth of files per post.

As for the article database there is a upload function as well for storing photo, files etc to your articles. Just let me know so I can add a folder for you. This way keeps thing neat and tidy.

Will do. Neat and clean is always good.

• Owner

Like myself I'm in the process of adding photos to the 6.7L Delete article I'm producing. Creating a folder and going to upload all the photos.

Hmmm... Question do you have any experience using FTP servers? I might have to ask around but I doubt less than about 10% of the members here know anything about FTP servers.

Like myself I'm in the process of adding photos to the 6.7L Delete article I'm producing. Creating a folder and going to upload all the photos.

Hmmm... Question do you have any experience using FTP servers? I might have to ask around but I doubt less than about 10% of the members here know anything about FTP servers.

Hopefully someone does because I do not. The only FTP experience I had was a data base we used to store and transfer data among the rest of us in the field and in the office. All I did was either upload or download.

I have used FTP a lot in the past in the oilfield.  I'd have to dredge up some of the software I used to use.  

Most of it was a real time file sharing through satellite internet... Kind of a basic streaming system for data.  

Why use FTP?  

For photo sharing, Mikes stuff here is good for the forum.  For big photos I use imgur.  Photobucket was great 10 years ago, but it really sucks now. 

Edited by CSM