• Welcome To Mopar1973Man.Com LLC

We are a privately owned support forum for the Dodge Ram Cummins Diesels. All information is free to read for everyone. To interact or ask questions you must have a subscription plan to enable all other features beyond reading. Please go over to the Subscription Page and pick out a plan that fits you best. At any time you wish to cancel the subscription please go back over to the Subscription Page and hit the Cancel button and your subscription will be stopped. All subscriptions are auto-renewing. 

injectors cleaning

• Owner

I am going to be cleaning my injectors soon.  Should I replace the o rings and brass washers on the injectors when I am in there? 

Do one injector at a time. I would highly suggest replacing all o-rings and sealing copper shims. If the tips are not covered will build up then there is very little to be gained. Now if the tips are coated in carbon fluff or ash deposits then I would consider cleaning. sad part is you won't know till you pull them.

Dont know the miles on your truck, but a new set of injectors is not high in cash unless your budget is limited. I never cleaned mine until one of the o rings let go at 250k. They still worked fine and were not that dirty when I pulled them. $350 to $400 will buy you a new set, better than the stockers, ready to go. It all depends on your budget and how far your existing ones have gone.

• Like 1

DAP has a very good deal on RV275's at the moment. DAP or Vulcan are very good folks to deal with. The RV's are a nice little bump in power and you will most likely pick up a little mpg bump. I know I did. Not knowing anything about your truck or what you want do makes it difficult to advise. If you go back to your profile and add your truck info to your signature it would help greatly.

• Like 1

Ill have to see what bargains can be had on ebay. Why are people running marine injectors?  Is there an advantage?  Should I look at +100HP injectors?

if you are running a stock turbo, 100's will be too strong. If you are running a stock 47re, RV275's will be too strong. As said above if you fill out your signature it will help us advise :thumb1:

• Like 1

Any of the vendors should carry them. I know Vulcan will suggest hitting a Cummins shop. But I'll warn of usual prices for injector o-rings and parts. Rocky Mountain Cummins was going to charge me close to $800 for 6 new crossover tubes. :wow::cookoo:  So I typically suggest vendors first over Cummins... :thumb1:

That is nuts. I bought 6 connector tubes for 28 dollars each. 

DAP has a very good deal on RV275's at the moment. DAP or Vulcan are very good folks to deal with. The RV's are a nice little bump in power and you will most likely pick up a little mpg bump. I know I did. Not knowing anything about your truck or what you want do makes it difficult to advise. If you go back to your profile and add your truck info to your signature it would help greatly.

RV275 injectors are the way to go. I run  7x.009 (100 horsepower) and I have larger a turbo to support them. 

if you are running a stock turbo, 100's will be too strong. If you are running a stock 47re, RV275's will be too strong. As said above if you fill out your signature it will help us advise :thumb1:

I'm running 100s on a modified hx35 and it runs great. 100s on an hy35, that is a no go. All about right foot and shifting when towing

I just put a 14cm housing on and it's just fine. I only smoke if I mash the throttle at low rpms. Around town I run the comp on level 2 and highway I run level 4 or 5. Sometimes towing slow I turn the comp off and temps stay in check. My 100s burn cleaner than my old 60s. Like dave110 said, a stock automatic won't like the added power.  

• Like 1