• Welcome To Mopar1973Man.Com LLC

We are a privately owned support forum for the Dodge Ram Cummins Diesels. All information is free to read for everyone. To interact or ask questions you must have a subscription plan to enable all other features beyond reading. Please go over to the Subscription Page and pick out a plan that fits you best. At any time you wish to cancel the subscription please go back over to the Subscription Page and hit the Cancel button and your subscription will be stopped. All subscriptions are auto-renewing. 

The time has come to produce the Mopar1973Man High Idle & MPG fooler switches again.

Hopefully I'm low-profile enough that if anything they just tell me to knock it off. I don't want to get either of us in trouble, but I do know there's a ton of people over there wondering why they can't buy the high idle anymore.

Yea you won't have any issues posting pictures / saying stuff on CF.  just the staff and so forth over here.  

I finally got mine actually installed, so I took some videos.  

I will have to do a video of the 3cyl and EB enabled, I can get egt temps of 1000*f without much issue.  

Edited by Me78569
  • Like 2

20 hours ago, Me78569 said:

No you are right in thinking that 1/4 is too small.  I forgot to update the install direction.  Needs to be a 3/8 hole.  

Pull the switch out and redrill the hole 3/8 big so the threads come through the hole fully.  Then use the locknut to secure it.

That's what I ended up using/doing. Just wanted to make sure I wasn't loosing my marbles! The way it's installed now, it shows hardly any thread because I have it on a rounded part of the kick panel but it still works out really well as far as rigidity and all.

Alright here is a video of the basic operation and what the high idle swtich does in each mode.

Wonderful,

I put mine in the same spot finally today haha.

Edited by Mopar1973Man
Added a enter key after the youtube link to post.

That's a cool vid Nick, what software and viewing platform are you using?

I totally forgot I have a CF login and such from way back so I'll hop on there at some point and show off the switch as well, or just hop on sleezys thread and brag about it as well. :thumb1:

Alright,

Here is another simple one of me installing the switch into the kick panel.

I just used my andriod phone and youtube haha.  Nothing edited.

Wrong video the first time

Edited by Me78569
Again adding a enter key to display video.

I have installed the switch, had the dealer enable the high idle with 3 cyl mode, but the high idle will not function. I had the dealer confirm that they enabled it correctly, and on 6 cyl mode the temp gauge on the dives, so I believe the switch is functioning correcting. Has anyone run into anything similar? I swapped the 47re to an nv4500 this summer and did not replace the apps (did re-calibrate), or ecm, only hooked up the reverse lights and the clutch safety switch (for cruise). The truck runs great, and I would really like this to function any ideas would be much appreciated. 

• Owner
14 minutes ago, isaac hall said:

I have installed the switch, had the dealer enable the high idle with 3 cyl mode, but the high idle will not function. I had the dealer confirm that they enabled it correctly, and on 6 cyl mode the temp gauge on the dives, so I believe the switch is functioning correcting. Has anyone run into anything similar? I swapped the 47re to an nv4500 this summer and did not replace the apps (did re-calibrate), or ecm, only hooked up the reverse lights and the clutch safety switch (for cruise). The truck runs great, and I would really like this to function any ideas would be much appreciated. 

Uh Oh?!

Did you mess with the voltage setting of the APPS sensor? If so it will cause issues.

http://articles.mopar1973man.com/2nd-generation-24v-dodge-cummins/26-engine-systems/37-apps-sensor-voltage-adjustment

Edited by Mopar1973Man

The ecm will disable High idle mode if 

1. brakes are pressed

2. throttle is pressured (think your issue is here)

3. ECT temp comes up ( which you say your coolant drops on the gauge so this isn't the issue)

4. assuming clutch pedal is pressed

I would start with the app's though, if you adjusted it and the truck see's ANY throttle input at idle state the high idle will never happen.

Do you have any way to read the live data from the ecm? OBD reader, edge altitude / quad 

Your clutch enage might able be to blame.  

Edited by Me78569

I do have an OBD reader it can only take snapshots of the engine, and it reads conditions that should trip the high idle. I did think about the clutch switch and simply grounded it, re-calibrated  the apps again, no difference. The truck seems to run fine with out doing anything to the ecm although that does not mean I am missing something.

I havent heard about the Signal P/N what needs to be done to accomplish this?

If the P/N signal is referring to the park neutral signal being sent to the ecm I believe grounding out the transmission is sending the signal of park to the ecm (I disconnected it from the clutch safety switch and grounded it) and the 6cyl still did not function. I have read that there are different apps for auto and manual would this have any impact?

Edited by isaac hall