• Welcome To Mopar1973Man.Com LLC

We are a privately owned support forum for the Dodge Ram Cummins Diesels. All information is free to read for everyone. To interact or ask questions you must have a subscription plan to enable all other features beyond reading. Please go over to the Subscription Page and pick out a plan that fits you best. At any time you wish to cancel the subscription please go back over to the Subscription Page and hit the Cancel button and your subscription will be stopped. All subscriptions are auto-renewing. 

The time has come to produce the Mopar1973Man High Idle & MPG fooler switches again.

Well I got my order placed so I'm excited to get it! I'm not sure I'm even in a cold enough climate to really justify using it, but it'll definitely help warm up the truck quicker!

After looking at the instruction manual, it makes my earlier question a little silly (doh!) but I think I'm going to install where it mentions.

Yes,

download the install manual and look it over.  all you need to do is run the 8 pin connector through the firewall into the cab, drill 1 hole where you want to install it.  Then mount the switch through the hole, tighten the lock nut,  and there you go.  

plugs on the engine side is very easy, Unplug ect connection, plug switch harness into ect sensor, plug OEM harness into the other leg of the switch harness.   

Same goes for the IAT.

So as of now, I'm not 100% sure I have the most up to date ECM flash so my plan was to just install and see if it worked. Is that ok? Or should I just double check and make sure it's flashed properly? I definitely don't want to damage anything out of sheer laziness!