• Welcome To Mopar1973Man.Com LLC

We are a privately owned support forum for the Dodge Ram Cummins Diesels. All information is free to read for everyone. To interact or ask questions you must have a subscription plan to enable all other features beyond reading. Please go over to the Subscription Page and pick out a plan that fits you best. At any time you wish to cancel the subscription please go back over to the Subscription Page and hit the Cancel button and your subscription will be stopped. All subscriptions are auto-renewing. 

The time has come to produce the Mopar1973Man High Idle & MPG fooler switches again.

I have attached the manual.  

It will change some over the next week or two, but all the info will be the same.

Mopar1973Man High Idle Switch install.pdf

Also added another 6 high idle switches to the store.  

me78569 - I have tried your link again and still am not able to see it.  I just received my High Idle kit today and would really like to read over the article before installing tomorrow.  Is this a permissions issue due to me being a free member?  If so I do not mind paying a small fee for a great forum as I know hardware\software upkeep is not free.  Please point me in the right direction to move forward.  Thanks in advance.

It might be I guess,

But the manual is included in the cost of the switch.  I will email you a copy of it.

Man I an nervous, You are the first end users to install one,  I tested it all, but still won't feel better until you get it in and it works.

Just because it has block heat doesn't mean it enabled for high idle. So if the high idle function doesn't start in approximately 2-3 minutes then the software is not enabled. So you'll need to barrow a Smarty or have the dealer enable the software for you.

Yea that makes sense, so if I do need the flash, I'd have to get it done by the dealer since I don't know anyone with a smarty. So what would I need to tell the dealer to flash?

Bring them this

http://articles.mopar1973man.com/2nd-generation-24v-dodge-cummins/29-tsb-technical-service-bulletins/85-tsb-18-019-01-cold-idle-engine-warming

If they say it can't be done ask to talk to service manager, show him the TSB (which is from Dodge themselves) If he says not possible call him some 4 letter works and run away before they break your truck.

• Like 1

It might be I guess,

But the manual is included in the cost of the switch.  I will email you a copy of it.

Man I an nervous, You are the first end users to install one,  I tested it all, but still won't feel better until you get it in and it works.

Thank you Nick, got your email.  I will let everyone know how the install goes.  It seems very straight forward. I will try to include some pictures as well.

Bring them this

http://articles.mopar1973man.com/2nd-generation-24v-dodge-cummins/29-tsb-technical-service-bulletins/85-tsb-18-019-01-cold-idle-engine-warming

If they say it can't be done ask to talk to service manager, show him the TSB (which is from Dodge themselves) If he says not possible call him some 4 letter works and run away before they break your truck.

This literally made me laugh out loud! ha! thanks!

All

I completed the install this morning with no issues.  My scangauge II proved that the harness does fool the ECM for all 3 modes, unfortunately my truck has not had the high idle enabled yet so my next purchase is the Smarty (I want one anyway).  I have attached a few pictures below for the curious minded.  

IMG_1994.JPG

IMG_1997.JPG

IMG_1998.JPG

IMG_2001.JPG

IMG_2004.JPG

• Like 2

Yea that's what i ended up doing.

Got it all hooked up and let it sit for a few minutes in 3cyl and nothing happened so I'll have to call the dodge dealership and see what they charge. I did notice though after it started, i switched over the 3cyl quickly and it made the engine bog down slightly just for a second. Is that normal? Also after having in the 3cyl for a few minutes and switching it back to off, the idle seemed to raise a few hundred rpm or so, normal?

This is all new to me so just trying to find a balance between normal and pay attention too kind of things.

I assume since 3cyl high idle isn't setup on my truck and the 6cyl and MPG wont work as well right?

Ah ok, that makes sense, is there difference in the way the truck runs when in MPG mode?

Can you start the truck with the selector switch already on 3/6cyl? Or is it start the truck then select up what mode you want?

Edited by notlimah