• Welcome To Mopar1973Man.Com LLC

We are a privately owned support forum for the Dodge Ram Cummins Diesels. All information is free to read for everyone. To interact or ask questions you must have a subscription plan to enable all other features beyond reading. Please go over to the Subscription Page and pick out a plan that fits you best. At any time you wish to cancel the subscription please go back over to the Subscription Page and hit the Cancel button and your subscription will be stopped. All subscriptions are auto-renewing. 

Mopar1973Man's Crankcase Vent Modification

Have you done Mopar1973Man's crankcase vent mod?  

124 members have voted

1. 1. Have you done Mopar1973Man's crankcase vent mod?

• Yes...got it installed already.
    • Not yet but plan to do it.
    • Not doing it.
    • Don't know what it is.

I just had a thought. If I have a boost bolt installed, I can't do this mod without running PVC all over the engine bay to go around the boost bolt. Now if I had Michael's setup to get a boost reading, it wouldn't be a problem. But I think I'll keep the boost bolt for now.Plus, I don't think this truck has a puke bottle anyway. . . :think:

WOW! I didn't realize that the radiator could be affected by the blow-by. I don't have a bottle, either and there's definately oil dripping from the bottom of the tube. It's all over my sway bar, etc. Guess I need to check my radiator and do this mod. Seems easy enough. I won't miss the oil smell after oil changes either. Thanks for the info.

My truck has 285,xxx and i don't have any blow by or any oil leaks and it still has the factory puke bottle, i still wanna do this upgrade though just for peace of mind, my only ? is how does this look where it comes out at the back of the motor not really any pics of that part just the top part on the motor.

My truck has 285,xxx and i don't have any blow by or any oil leaks and it still has the factory puke bottle, i still wanna do this upgrade though just for peace of mind, my only ? is how does this look where it comes out at the back of the motor not really any pics of that part just the top part on the motor.

I will try to get a couple pics of my vent setup along with the end near the rear of the engine and where it drops out. Should be able to upload them tomorrow.
  • Like 1

WOW! I didn't realize that the radiator could be affected by the blow-by. I don't have a bottle, either and there's definately oil dripping from the bottom of the tube. It's all over my sway bar, etc. Guess I need to check my radiator and do this mod. Seems easy enough. I won't miss the oil smell after oil changes either. Thanks for the info.

If you have not done this mod and have anywhere near 100,000 miles or more I can pretty much guarantee that your radiator is at least half plugged up...

Here are my pics. I got some of the vent end near the rear of the engine - it exits almost above the front pinion.I used my stock rubber hose from the puke bottle... I cut off the "U" portion and turned it upside down to go around the radiator hose. I used slip 90's and glued everything but the last connection before it goes down, that one is a threaded 90 so I can unscrew the down-tube portion if I need to pull it out.post-11826-138698190761_thumb.jpgpost-11826-138698190777_thumb.jpgpost-11826-138698190782_thumb.jpgpost-11826-13869819079_thumb.jpgpost-11826-138698190797_thumb.jpgpost-11826-138698190802_thumb.jpgpost-11826-138698190808_thumb.jpg

• Like 2

I'm new the Dodge forums but I've been subscribing to Diesel Power magazine for more than 6 years now, and I don't remember ever seeing a truck with this modification done to it or that the issue of the breather tube has even ever been brought up and discussed. Seems like this would have come up.......

I'm new the Dodge forums but I've been subscribing to Diesel Power magazine for more than 6 years now, and I don't remember ever seeing a truck with this modification done to it or that the issue of the breather tube has even ever been brought up and discussed. Seems like this would have come up.......

It should have come up no doubt... Pretty much every 24v truck I have seen without this mod done has their radiator at least partially plugged up. Most don't even know it because they either don't tow much or live in a climate where it doesn't matter a whole lot. I guarantee when you tow 15000 pounds in the mountains you will know quickly if you have a cooling issue....

• 3 weeks later...