• Welcome To Mopar1973Man.Com LLC

We are a privately owned support forum for the Dodge Ram Cummins Diesels. All information is free to read for everyone. To interact or ask questions you must have a subscription plan to enable all other features beyond reading. Please go over to the Subscription Page and pick out a plan that fits you best. At any time you wish to cancel the subscription please go back over to the Subscription Page and hit the Cancel button and your subscription will be stopped. All subscriptions are auto-renewing. 

2007 5.9 Fuel Pump Fuse or Relay Location

fendercare

16 hours ago, dripley said:

John. is there relay you know of, or are we right there is none? I do this not to prove you wrong but to be sure I have it right. Just want to be sure I have it right when I have to explain to someone.

Same here!!

That "transmission relay" in position 59 has me wondering though

Do relays "wear out" over time??

• Staff
On 11/4/2015, 7:28:56, dripley said:

John. is there relay you know of, or are we right there is none? I do this not to prove you wrong but to be sure I have it right. Just want to be sure I have it right when I have to explain to someone.

It's in the wiring diagram for your pickup. I would be very shocked if it isn't there. 

You guys should post up a photo of your relay box cover and I'll cross it with the FSM

2 hours ago, AH64ID said:

It's in the wiring diagram for your pickup. I would be very shocked if it isn't there. 

You guys should post up a photo of your relay box cover and I'll cross it with the FSM

Having trouble posting the photo of mine but will keep trying. While looking at the wiring diagrams Mike has in the article data base it shows the power coming from the ECM straight to the fuel transfer pump. I don't see a relay involved.If there is one involved it seems strange that the after market fuel makes and Dodge would provide another relay to be operated by an existing relay. Seems strange to me. but as I have said in the past I am a 3 year old when it comes to the electronics.

2 hours ago, AH64ID said:

The underside of the cover correct?????  So that you can see the lay out of the fuse and relay locations and the wording used to describe each location/position???

4 hours ago, AH64ID said:

here is mine. It is a little fuzzy. will try for a better one tomorrow.56412c289cd34_IMG_20151030_1610112091.th

forget this last one. IMG_20151023_092200676[1].jpg

Edited by dripley

• Staff

I hadn't... and kinda forgot. 

Now to find a few min to dig thru the FSM and the pics again. 

Thanks. 

It is different than my 05 which isn't what I really expected considering there aren't really any ECM/wiring differences other than fuel pump location. 

Okay, back into the FSM for the 2004 for now. 

The 04 FSM talks about the ECM relay control output from the ECM just like the 05+ FSM but it appears it may not use a relay. It lists the size at 18ga which won't hold a lot of amps but if the run is short?? It seems to me that would overload the ECM but I guess not.