• Welcome To Mopar1973Man.Com LLC

We are a privately owned support forum for the Dodge Ram Cummins Diesels. All information is free to read for everyone. To interact or ask questions you must have a subscription plan to enable all other features beyond reading. Please go over to the Subscription Page and pick out a plan that fits you best. At any time you wish to cancel the subscription please go back over to the Subscription Page and hit the Cancel button and your subscription will be stopped. All subscriptions are auto-renewing. 

Backup lights

Leaving work today my backup lights decided to turn on for the first time since I've owned the truck and not shut off the entire drive home. I unplugged all the wires from the transmission, pulled the fuse for the backup lights and they still remained on, so I just pulled the bulbs out. After a quick interwebs search it looks as if the neutral safety switch is bad, so I got one coming for tomorrow at the parts store. I could see if the switch was bad the lights not coming on in reverse, which I assume was the reason they never worked before. But what would cause them to come on all of a sudden and not go out even after pulling the fuse?

Correct me if I'm wrong, but the neutral safety switch would control the power to the backup lights? So by unplugging the pigtail should have caused a break in the wire? If not then pulling the fuse would cause a break in the power supply... I'm not an electronics person so I'm clueless here.

Key on or off, unplugging and re-plugging in the neutral safety switch, and moving the shifter through all the gears didn't have an effect on turning the lights off.

Is there anything else the backup lights are tied into?

• 2 weeks later...