• Welcome To Mopar1973Man.Com LLC

We are a privately owned support forum for the Dodge Ram Cummins Diesels. All information is free to read for everyone. To interact or ask questions you must have a subscription plan to enable all other features beyond reading. Please go over to the Subscription Page and pick out a plan that fits you best. At any time you wish to cancel the subscription please go back over to the Subscription Page and hit the Cancel button and your subscription will be stopped. All subscriptions are auto-renewing. 

Boost leak test/check

• Owner

That's turbo bark almost 100% sure of it.

On Edge Comp make sure to run the same sublevel on both 4 and 5 main levels. I want to see if you got the same programming bug I've got.

MAIN LEVELS

1. 40 HP
  2. 60 HP
  3. 80 HP
  4. 100 HP
  5. 120 HP

SUBLEVEL

1. 33% of stock fuel till 20 PSI of boost
  2. 50% of stock fuel till 15 PSI of boost
  3. 67% of stock fuel till 10 PSI of boost
  4. Some extra fuel at low boost
  5. Full fuel at 0 PSI of boost
Edited by Mopar1973Man

1 minute ago, Mopar1973Man said:

That's turbo bark almost 100% sure of it.

On Edge Comp make sure to run the same sublevel on both 4 and 5 main levels. I want to see if you got the same programming bug I've got.

So.. you want me to try Edge on 5/3 and 4/3 or 5/4 and 4/4 etc... right?

Here's another time.. don't remember what it was set on.. I think it was 3/3 with overdrive off

Isn't the high pitch turbo annoying? It is when you hear it for 7 hours one way and 7 back.. lol 

I don't think it came with a silencer ring.. there doesn't appear to be anywhere for it to set in the turbo.. could be wrong tho...

26 minutes ago, Mopar1973Man said:

MAIN LEVELS

1. 40 HP
  2. 60 HP
  3. 80 HP
  4. 100 HP
  5. 120 HP

SUBLEVEL

1. 33% of stock fuel till 20 PSI of boost
  2. 50% of stock fuel till 15 PSI of boost
  3. 67% of stock fuel till 10 PSI of boost
  4. Some extra fuel at low boost
  5. Full fuel at 0 PSI of boost

What happens after each PSI on each level? Do the flood gates open? :-)

So how do you know when there's too much or too little? How do you know when it de-fuels? 

Well.. I got rid all the leaks except for the one on the sensor. It seems to be coming form the threads on the sensor to the mounting nut. Not sure if I should just try and crank it down (don't want to break it) or back it out? Is there a sealant I should put on the threads? Or teflon tape? 

I think the dynamics of the way the truck drives has changed in a positive manner.. a little more pep. I also changed my air filter from the oiled to a paper with a wrap on it. The turbo seems a little quieter. Does this mean a little less air is getting through? 

• Owner

What happens after each PSI on each level? Do the flood gates open? :-)

More or less yes. At that pressure its starts to transition into the power mode. It's not a sudden thing but a smooth taper.

So how do you know when there's too much or too little?

That's simple. Too little defuel (too high of sublevel) you'll have smoke or too much defuel (too low in sublevel) it just runs doggy.

How do you know when it de-fuels? 

If its below the stated pressure its defueling. If it's above the stated pressure its in power mode.

Ditch the boost bolt and put a normal bolt back in and torque to specifications. Now move your boost sensor over the port in the head. Nice 3/4" port right there behind the fuel filter. It out of the way and you can now torque your manifold down tight like its suppose to be. Boost bolts are known to break off attempting to torque them. Also they always seem to be in the way!

2lsy0l4.jpg