• Welcome To Mopar1973Man.Com LLC

We are a privately owned support forum for the Dodge Ram Cummins Diesels. All information is free to read for everyone. To interact or ask questions you must have a subscription plan to enable all other features beyond reading. Please go over to the Subscription Page and pick out a plan that fits you best. At any time you wish to cancel the subscription please go back over to the Subscription Page and hit the Cancel button and your subscription will be stopped. All subscriptions are auto-renewing. 

What all do you guys think about our times

JAG1

• Staff

I don't know what's wrong or if things are the way it's supposed to be. I know the world and U.S. news is getting worse in general but what I mean is it seems like everyone's personal lives are kind of going unhappy or there's something affecting all of us lately that is hard to pin point. I'm just not sure what it is but it's like fun and happiness something anyways seems to be diminishing everywhere.

Am I the only one that sees this or is it just me? I just don't know for sure except things are different somehow. What do all you guys think and feel inside about things these days?

• Owner

Lot to be said about our current times. Like MoparMom and I both see and sense it as well. I think mostly because we are not attached to any mainstream media like TV and Movies so we tend to think on our own. 12 years without TV kind of makes you think on your own. There seems to be a big push by everyone to work harder and longer because of financial instability everyone is looking at. At the same time prices around us continue to climb higher. Generally speaking people are still continuing to spend at even high rates than they did 20 years ago.

What is so great is where I live and how I live gives me the ability to shut out the world as the mainstream media tells it. I can choose to live the simple life that the Good Lord has provided me or I can open that porthole and sample some world around me be it in jobs, travel to the larger cities like Boise, or just hoping on the Internet surfing.

That's one of the things I crave right now is the outdoors. Just too darn cold...

• Like 1

It's not you. Me and my father are on edge 24/7. The news is terrible, what's happening in our country and around the world is terrible. There is unrest in the USA and we feel it. Uncertain of our finances and our rights as Americans. It's especially tough for us conservatives, watching the leadership and youth destroy our country from within...my 2 cents. My family continues to work hard and be more vocal about our values and principles, and also try to be as politically incorrect as possible in public haha

• Like 2

I would agree with Moparman, the recent trend of news that travels as quickly as it does makes the world seem like a terrible place no matter the day.

No doubt things are getting worse, people are angrier, etc etc, but I think a lot of that might be driven by the news.  People that are wanting to be angry, or have a lot of negative thoughts they hold in will tend to grab onto anything bad going on and use it as an excuse to be who they want to be.  I feel like they think to themselves " this worlds gone to crap so why should I be good?"  

• Like 1

Ok you've got my attention!  Let me clarify one thing ....I am Ukraine which means I am one of those people that has strong ties to Poland, Russia, etc.  Now I follow and track every movement that Putin is executing at this time and I can truly say we are on the verge of WWIII.  Do not mess with this bear.  Observe his strategy and his mind set.  Attached is an article to sum this all up.  You are paying to be brainwashed by your local tv site.  Shut the damn thing off, pocket the money, and learn to converse with your fellow man.  There is no God in most people lives.  He has been replaced with FOX,CNN,etc.  Focus on Him and not the words of countless morons.  Fear sells!!!!So they pour more fear on you every single day.  Want a daily dose....turn the news on.  But  if you're in control of your life, make a positive decision for yourself and just disconnect.  Now read the article and let the truth sink in.

http://usdefensewatch.com/2015/11/putin-our-once-and-future-ally/

• Like 1

• 4 years later...
On 11/30/2015 at 8:17 AM, MoparMom said:

Ok you've got my attention!  Let me clarify one thing ....I am Ukraine which means I am one of those people that has strong ties to Poland, Russia, etc.  Now I follow and track every movement that Putin is executing at this time and I can truly say we are on the verge of WWIII.  Do not mess with this bear.  Observe his strategy and his mind set.  Attached is an article to sum this all up.  You are paying to be brainwashed by your local tv site.  Shut the damn thing off, pocket the money, and learn to converse with your fellow man.  There is no God in most people lives.  He has been replaced with FOX,CNN,etc.  Focus on Him and not the words of countless morons.  Fear sells!!!!So they pour more fear on you every single day.  Want a daily dose....turn the news on.  But  if you're in control of your life, make a positive decision for yourself and just disconnect.  Now read the article and let the truth sink in.

http://usdefensewatch.com/2015/11/putin-our-once-and-future-ally/

Excellent post Moparmom..... Well said.....You nailed it .... I dont watch the TV news at all.... Those idiots make me sick.....

• Staff

I did not know this thread got a such a great response from MoparMom. Somehow I missed that. GSP7 thank you for joining the Travel Camp Club and bumping this thread which lead me here. Thanks to the others who joined in with thoughts of meeting with us someday in the trees, mountains, glaciers, lakes and fishing. IBMobile, his buds (good folks) and myself have all uncovered the secret to getting a good dose of happy free and disconnected. Fun times and faith is all too easily forgotten these days.

And Dripley will never make it out west if he don't quit smokin them cigs. God..... I suffered so much to quit those smokes. And the world with its troubles seems to always hound you and say light up once more, it won't hurt you. 

Edited by JAG1

I'm working on moving back to the PNW. I used to live in Idaho and love that state.... My brother just moved to Port Angeles area Washington State from Colorado....

With Gods help , I'll be on my way North

...I quit doing copenhagen/skoal a couple years ago....Used to do one tin every day..... Got tired of wasting my money on that over taxed expensive stuff..... I just made the decision and quit...I never smoked, maybe a cigar once in awhile... I didnt have any withdrawals at all (short temper/ edgy)  ... I think it was God that helped me quit.

Edited by JAG1
  • Like 2

• Owner

Our times are radically changing. 

Like us now I've got a new 50 inch TV here and just using Hulu and other internet providers feeds. Nice for entertainment now and then but as for information its way better to hunt the internet for the truth of whats going on. Even then the internet is a buzz on the surface with all the misinformation floating about. I don't really care for any of the new media being its all fake and misleading most of the time. But it nice to see what the next lie being fed to the sheeple out there. 

While there is so much uncertainty at the national and international levels, hopefully there are great things going on near you and that you have the opportunity to see those things.  There are so many fantastic people in my local community trying to do their best and volunteering their time and talents to help those around me.  It is easy to get discouraged by the negative things in the media, but I have so much hope of great things to come.  Confusing and perilous times have been prophesized about.  Ours is not the only time in history that have been contentious.  The apostles Paul and John saw and foretold these times; things will be tough.  But we also know the outcome.  Christ will return, good will prevail and evil will be banished. I can't control what happens on the national/world scene, but I can do my part in my local community and try to be the best that I can be and TRUST in the promises  made by our Heavenly Father.  That is why there is hope, not because we have faith in a political leader or in a mortal person, but in Him who knows everything and everyone.  That is why I find the future exciting.  There will always be another scandal, conspiracy, or threat.  I can't control my neighbor, or even my kids; I can only control what I do and I can choose to do my part to be an influence of good and make corrections when I mess up. 

Please don't take this as just sitting back and waiting for the good to come.  Faith means believing and acting.  We have to be a part of the good.  I don't mean to get too "preachy", but I truly believe that the answer to lasting happiness and joy is in following Christ and trying to do as he did and continues to do.  Again, it isn't enough to just believe, we have to act as well.

Just my 2 cents. 

• Like 4