Jump to content
The_Hammer

This is fixable, right?

Recommended Posts

20160106_201257.resized.jpg.400a5206f5b720160106_201313.resized.jpg.2ddb7706dbe9

That's my fuel shutoff solenoid relay lol. I've a got a couple new ones on the way from Larry B, until then it's the ol' "pop the hood and push the rod" routine. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I not to sure about that.      Download talking 10        I was told that if you soak it in diesel fuel you could fix just about anything.    

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, IBMobile said:

I not to sure about that.      Download talking 10        I was told that if you soak it in diesel fuel you could fix just about anything.    

Here is your rag... Now you can wipe the BS off the corner of your mouth. :lol:

rags-terry-large.jpg

Edited by Mopar1973Man
  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Seriously... I've got the 1995 Dodge sitting here without a solenoid at all. The Owner uses a chock cable to shut down the truck pull the cable and the engine shuts down like old 2.5 Ton Military Trucks.

Edited by Mopar1973Man
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Apparently I didn't check the "notify me of replies" box when I posted this. I thought no one had ever replied lol. 

Yeah, those solenoids must have been toast for a good while now. I found that the previous owner had a wire running from the starter relay to the FSS, completely bypassing the FSS relay. That wire ended up coming loose causing my FSS to no longer function without a literal helping hand. I now have everything properly repaired and a new relay from Larry B installed. It's a good feeling with you un-eff things back to the way they're supposed to be. 

On 1/7/2016 at 9:14 PM, Mopar1973Man said:

Seriously... I've got the 1995 Dodge sitting here without a solenoid at all. The Owner uses a chock cable to shut down the truck pull the cable and the engine shuts down like old 2.5 Ton Military Trucks.

That's how the L Series engines were set up in the early 80's to 90's Mack trucks. 

On 1/7/2016 at 9:12 PM, joecool911 said:

That comes from driving through flooded streets.

Considering where the relay is mounted it would be more like driving in to a lake lol. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 1/20/2016 at 7:41 AM, The_Hammer said:

Considering where the relay is mounted it would be more like driving in to a lake lol. 

Being a 12V fuel shutoff relay is located on the cowl on the driver side about 1/3 of the way over. What make the difference is if the relay is hung up-side-down which will allow water to leak into it. Also if your missing the cowl weather strip this problem is worse.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Mopar1973Man said:

Being a 12V fuel shutoff relay is located on the cowl on the driver side about 1/3 of the way over. What make the difference is if the relay is hung up-side-down which will allow water to leak into it. Also if your missing the cowl weather strip this problem is worse.

What is this "cowl weatherstrip" you speak of? smiley_abused.gif.9df52a347d60ba50972600

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

It's the rubber strip that runs across the top of the firewall.

Rollover_314.jpg

 

 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Lol, Prevention.

I tore the last one up by looping it over the oil filler for OFV access, but forgot to take it off.  The electrical tape/PVC pipe glue makes for a fan resistant coolant line, it works.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now



×