• Welcome To Mopar1973Man.Com LLC

We are a privately owned support forum for the Dodge Ram Cummins Diesels. All information is free to read for everyone. To interact or ask questions you must have a subscription plan to enable all other features beyond reading. Please go over to the Subscription Page and pick out a plan that fits you best. At any time you wish to cancel the subscription please go back over to the Subscription Page and hit the Cancel button and your subscription will be stopped. All subscriptions are auto-renewing. 

This is fixable, right?

The_Hammer

• 2 weeks later...

Apparently I didn't check the "notify me of replies" box when I posted this. I thought no one had ever replied lol. 

Yeah, those solenoids must have been toast for a good while now. I found that the previous owner had a wire running from the starter relay to the FSS, completely bypassing the FSS relay. That wire ended up coming loose causing my FSS to no longer function without a literal helping hand. I now have everything properly repaired and a new relay from Larry B installed. It's a good feeling with you un-eff things back to the way they're supposed to be. 

On 1/7/2016 at 9:14 PM, Mopar1973Man said:

Seriously... I've got the 1995 Dodge sitting here without a solenoid at all. The Owner uses a chock cable to shut down the truck pull the cable and the engine shuts down like old 2.5 Ton Military Trucks.

That's how the L Series engines were set up in the early 80's to 90's Mack trucks. 

On 1/7/2016 at 9:12 PM, joecool911 said:

That comes from driving through flooded streets.

Considering where the relay is mounted it would be more like driving in to a lake lol. 

• Owner
On 1/20/2016 at 7:41 AM, The_Hammer said:

Considering where the relay is mounted it would be more like driving in to a lake lol. 

Being a 12V fuel shutoff relay is located on the cowl on the driver side about 1/3 of the way over. What make the difference is if the relay is hung up-side-down which will allow water to leak into it. Also if your missing the cowl weather strip this problem is worse.

2 hours ago, Mopar1973Man said:

Being a 12V fuel shutoff relay is located on the cowl on the driver side about 1/3 of the way over. What make the difference is if the relay is hung up-side-down which will allow water to leak into it. Also if your missing the cowl weather strip this problem is worse.

What is this "cowl weatherstrip" you speak of? smiley_abused.gif.9df52a347d60ba50972600

Lol, Prevention.

I tore the last one up by looping it over the oil filler for OFV access, but forgot to take it off.  The electrical tape/PVC pipe glue makes for a fan resistant coolant line, it works.

• Like 2