• Welcome To Mopar1973Man.Com LLC

We are a privately owned support forum for the Dodge Ram Cummins Diesels. All information is free to read for everyone. To interact or ask questions you must have a subscription plan to enable all other features beyond reading. Please go over to the Subscription Page and pick out a plan that fits you best. At any time you wish to cancel the subscription please go back over to the Subscription Page and hit the Cancel button and your subscription will be stopped. All subscriptions are auto-renewing. 

Ice Fishing Weekend

Hawkez

We took our annual pilgrimage to central Utah to Fish Lake.  It was awesome.  The weather was great, in the 50's and we got out share.  Our first day there, we caught 100+ perch and filleted them that night.  They ended up as our lunches for the next couple of days on the ice.  Fried perch on the ice...it doesn't get any better.  The ice was 20" thick, I tried to convince my brother in law to drive his truck out on it...but he didn't want to.

Perch Fry.jpg

• Like 3

I miss being able to drive out on the ice, here in CO that is not allowed, Ice was at least 18" so really no danger at all, but oh well I guess.

Glad you had good luck, I was out ice fishing for 2 days and I didn't even get one bite.....enough to drive a man crazy.

20160213_085441_resized.jpg.b5ddec78a42a

• Like 1

• Staff
1 hour ago, Me78569 said:

I have near gotten a fish at the lake we went to, I don't even know why I try there anymore....... just depressing.  

There's a few lakes like that around here: Lake No Fish, Lake I Wish I Could Catch A Fish and Lake Don't Bother.

1 hour ago, Hawkez said:

Our first day there, we caught 100+ perch and filleted them that night.  

That's a bucket load!  Sounds like none stop action.  Ya, fishing better than work but even better when you're catching a 'boat load'.  I take it that there is no limit on perch at that lake. 

I remember ice fishing up at Lake of the Woods.  Grandpa drilled 2 holes about 20 yards from each other.  one line in both, basic minnow on a hook setup.  I ran between the 2 holes pull up a perch every 30 seconds for a few hours straight.  Hard to beat that.

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, IBMobile said:

That's a bucket load!  Sounds like none stop action.  Ya, fishing better than work but even better when you're catching a 'boat load'.  I take it that there is no limit on perch at that lake. 

No limit on this particular lake.  The DWR is trying to thin the perch and they ask that people don't catch and release.