• Welcome To Mopar1973Man.Com LLC

We are a privately owned support forum for the Dodge Ram Cummins Diesels. All information is free to read for everyone. To interact or ask questions you must have a subscription plan to enable all other features beyond reading. Please go over to the Subscription Page and pick out a plan that fits you best. At any time you wish to cancel the subscription please go back over to the Subscription Page and hit the Cancel button and your subscription will be stopped. All subscriptions are auto-renewing. 

Under seat storage

Well I search around the interwebs and looks like no one offers an after make underwear storage. Actually, du-ha states it makes one that fits 02-08 or something like that but that doesn't make sense given the generation changes. The other option is the OEM one, which seem nearly impossible to find.

Well the 02 doesn't have the under seat storage but luckily, the 99 does. I briefly tried swapping but it seems like I'll have to swap the entire rear seat because the bracket for the storage bin is welded to the seat frame. 

Has anyone swapped one or added an OEM? I suppose fabbing up some brackets isn't completely out of the picture either.

Hey look Mike carries a trucker urinal, road side bomb, juice jug, whatever you want to call it..............................:lmao2:

I think that is under the seat of Mopar moms rig, has a diaper bag, tissue, tp ABC's and 123's and snacks, I think this is what she needs to care for Michael yet.:whistle2::tongue::poke:

Edited by Wild and Free

• Owner
1 hour ago, Wild and Free said:

Hey look Mike carries a trucker urinal, road side bomb, juice jug, whatever you want to call it..............................:lmao2:

I think that is under the seat of Mopar moms rig, has a diaper bag, tissue, tp ABC's and 123's and snacks, I think this is what she needs to care for Michael yet.:whistle2::tongue::poke:

Haha! Very Funny... 

No I always consider that I might be stuck out in the forest either with Search & Rescue or Fire Dept. I typically grab the back pack and run. Some jobs I might live out of the truck for better than 24 hours so there is plenty of food and water for myself if needed. Then the other factor if the truck breaks down I can grab the extra water and MRE and MoparMom and myself can walk to safety if need be. Again I don't live in an area where cellphones work so if the Cummins quits it our problem getting to safety. 

Juice jug is a extra 1/2 gallon of drink water for my passenger who ever that might be. 

Edited by Mopar1973Man

I am sure it was just an option in the later 2nd gens. My uncle's 2000 has the storage bin whereas my 01 and brothers 02 both do not have the bin. Just however the truck was ordered I suppose. I wouldnt mind getting one figured out though. As Mike does, I usually go stocked up "just in case". It would be nice to have that actual storage space vs just using card board boxes and such.

• Like 1

I took mine out and moved everything to a toolbox in the bed. I sure as heck didn't chuck it though!! Not sure if I'm ready to separate from it though. Many of the 1/2 tons had them as well. I'd check junk yards with 1/2 tons first as that's where I got mine.

• Like 1