• Welcome To Mopar1973Man.Com LLC

We are a privately owned support forum for the Dodge Ram Cummins Diesels. All information is free to read for everyone. To interact or ask questions you must have a subscription plan to enable all other features beyond reading. Please go over to the Subscription Page and pick out a plan that fits you best. At any time you wish to cancel the subscription please go back over to the Subscription Page and hit the Cancel button and your subscription will be stopped. All subscriptions are auto-renewing. 

Snubber, needle valve, or both?

I wouldn't use a 90 going into the VP. I'd go with THIS (which I will swap too when doing the above swap) because it seems like it should keep your hose a little further away from the power steering cap plus it's at less of an angle so less resistance.

As far as the hose, if your running 1/2in it should hold up fine. If you were worried about it putting to much strain on the hose or sagging/moving just zip tie it down. I wouldn't drop down to 3/8 just to run this setup though. Last time I talked to Eric we were talking about have a dual ported pushlock T like I linked in my last post. That way it'd serve the same purpose but wouldn't change hose size or anything at any point.

Ok so I get the idea of the 45°. But I don't see a dual port pushlok T. Is that something you are trying to find? Or are you using the Schrader valve T instead? Honestly I really think just having a tapped 90° at each end is almost easiest. If I can just get parts that don't leak lol. I'm planning to make the hose longer this time and the bend over the ps cap a little bigger. Or maybe try and loop it behind again. Or maybe I can go down and under things...:think: I'll have to see how it goes, but Eric said I should try to make it longer and put less stress on the fittings. There has seriously got to be something wrong with these fittings, but Eric said he hasn't heard anything else back about them so I don't get it. This is supposed to be better and easier than the stock banjo fittings, not harder...

Its tough to measure the female.  For the male many companies make a tool to measure the angle.  See this video he shows the tool and how to check a male.  you use the longer ends to reach into the female and check.   No, sorry, I have VDO pyro.  My FP is Autometer.  VDO just didn't have what I wanted for fuel pressure.  I hope they do in the future. 

You might be able to do the sharpie check, if you have a known male 45 and 37 to see which seals better. 

Unfortunately I don't have anything that is know at this point lol I'll just have to see what happens with this new set of fittings Eric is sending me. I may do the sharpie check before putting them on the truck. I just wish there was some better way to do this. Or that you could get brass versions of these tapped 90°s. 

• 2 weeks later...

Just want to update this I case anyone is following. When I re drilled and tapped my manifold for moving my pyrometer, I checked up on the fuel leaks again. VP end was dry but the Fuel Filter housing end was still leaking. So, while the truck was cold, I snugged it up some more. Just wanted to give it one more try before throwing in the third set of fitting from Eric. Well it seems to have worked. I'm not sure what's different, but no more leaks at this point. I had already gotten the third set of fittings from Eric so I emailed him asking if he wanted me to send them back or pay for them, since I wasn't going to use them right now. I really felt bad taking free stuff from him since he was so helpful and all. Anyway he told me to keep them just in case I have issues in the future. He even told me he had hand picked and ink checked the set of fittings he had sent. He had left them together so that they would be matched. So I just want to say again how great it is doing business with Vulcan Performance and highly recommend them to everyone for anything you need that they sell!

• Like 2

Eric really is a great guy. I've never met him and I'm not sure if he remembers me when I call but we've have quite a few 30+ minute conversations, some were him walking me through things while he was still working, others just shooting the breeze. I think it's pretty awesome when we can bond over a common interest and that it shows there are genuinely good people still out there.

• Like 1

46 minutes ago, notlimah said:

Eric really is a great guy. I've never met him and I'm not sure if he remembers me when I call but we've have quite a few 30+ minute conversations, some were him walking me through things while he was still working, others just shooting the breeze. I think it's pretty awesome when we can bond over a common interest and that it shows there are genuinely good people still out there.

I know Eric personally and consider him a good friend.  I actually worked part time for him part of a summer and saw first hand how he took care of his customers.  Some were not always great to deal with but he would try to do his best to do right by even the very few that really may not have been deserving.  It is not lost on him how important his customers are.  :thumbup2:

• Like 2

• Staff

I've been to his place a few times. It was amazing how much he took real good care of me and my truck. He researches  the best items out there for us  and stocks them. If it's not available he will build it the right way. He knows who the right people are for injection pumps too.

I asked him, ''Do you believe in the Lord because you really care about others''? He said yes we do.:thumbup2:

• Like 2