• Welcome To Mopar1973Man.Com LLC

We are a privately owned support forum for the Dodge Ram Cummins Diesels. All information is free to read for everyone. To interact or ask questions you must have a subscription plan to enable all other features beyond reading. Please go over to the Subscription Page and pick out a plan that fits you best. At any time you wish to cancel the subscription please go back over to the Subscription Page and hit the Cancel button and your subscription will be stopped. All subscriptions are auto-renewing. 

Free Azpen A729 Tablet Holder for Dodge Ram's

• Owner

Now that I'm getting the OBDLink dialed in and closer and closer to accurate for data logs, trip computer and anything else. I figure I needed a nice cradle to hold the tablet. Now I'll admit that it not exactly viewable while driving which is good, there is less chances of me mess with the tablet while driving or watch the gauges too much. I rigged the important gauges to have high markers so I can capture a screenshot when I stop somewhere.  Now my cradle barely clears the transmission stick and I've got to be careful throwing 5th not to cram it in. The tablet barely fits with all cables hooked up including audio back to my stereo. I can see the tablet clearly in 2nd and 4th gears. 1st, 3rd, 5th block the view but oh well...

Can't complain its all free materials....

DSCF6894.JPG

Basically chopped up an old scrap 2x6. The notch is 5/8" wide. Measured 5" deep but the pocket side you have to cut the tip back 1".

DSCF6898.JPG

Then I had some scrap aluminum diamond plate left. Just bent a cupped lip on the bottom edge. Crude... Yes but functional.

DSCF6899.JPG

Like I said 5th is a bit close...

DSCF6901.JPG

Edited by Mopar1973Man

That's not a bad idea there Mike! I typically would get everything hooked up and throw it in the center console or just lay it on the ground so I can have it plugged in.

I still need to get with you on how to set my gauges up like yours to show HP, fuel and set the highs and lows with greened areas and what not.

• Owner
19 hours ago, dripley said:

Did you learn you woodworking skills from Jag?:poke::bolt:

Hey don't knock my redneck carpentry skillz. :whistle: If JAG was around I could get a killer bracket that was done in oak or something stylin'. At least the tablet isn't sliding around on the floor or the seat.

I did a run down to Council, ID today and was OK with the location like I said the stick in 5th gear blocks the view really bad on the left side. 1st and 3rd aren't too bad. When I'm cruising town its viewable. Again I really don't want to be looking too much at it anyways. There is two things that tablet is doing...

1. Providing me a good trip data logger.
  2. Providing the stereo MP3's through the AUX jack.

I've been working with OBDLink staff to getting things added to the software like speedometer calibration and a few other things.

20 hours ago, notlimah said:

I still need to get with you on how to set my gauges up like yours to show HP, fuel and set the highs and lows with greened areas and what not.

I'll start another thread and show you...

Edited by Mopar1973Man
  • Like 1

No I cant knock the redneck carpentry. I served its purpose for now. If it was not for redneck engineering where would we all be.

i do like all the data you can get. Never thought I would until I got my scan gauge. Not sure what to do with all of it but it has helped me see what is going on in areas I am not used to seeing.

Hammer on potato man.