• Welcome To Mopar1973Man.Com LLC

We are a privately owned support forum for the Dodge Ram Cummins Diesels. All information is free to read for everyone. To interact or ask questions you must have a subscription plan to enable all other features beyond reading. Please go over to the Subscription Page and pick out a plan that fits you best. At any time you wish to cancel the subscription please go back over to the Subscription Page and hit the Cancel button and your subscription will be stopped. All subscriptions are auto-renewing. 

Ham radio operators

this is the center cubby i made for the radios and extra storage, the ft7900 sits on the inside of the front wall and the stryker site on outside of the front wall. the ft7900 has a detachea le faceplate that is mounted on the dash trim along with 3 phone mounts i use for various running apps while driving. ill get pics today and post them

i ran the two power feeds under the shifter housing so its clean

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

my setup in the truck, the dash mounted phone and ham head units will look better and level when i get a 1"x2" and trim it to the contour of the trim ring then mount everything back onto the flat surface (coming soon)

the old phones have full functionality other than no cell service. i can still do anything on them with a wifi connection. i can set one up as a dashcam, clinometer, moving map, speedo, ham data referencing, anything you can think of. being they are iphones i can send pics and vid to my main phone that has cell service and post online. 

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

i was able to get a used dash trim in perfect condition for the price of a case of soda, i reorganized the positions of the phones and took the time to shape the brackets so no need for any wood which was a PITA to shape...

basically same setup just the far right phone is now under the radio on the lip of the dash trim. works out real good too

Edited by CUMMINSDIESELPWR

• 1 month later...