• Welcome To Mopar1973Man.Com LLC

We are a privately owned support forum for the Dodge Ram Cummins Diesels. All information is free to read for everyone. To interact or ask questions you must have a subscription plan to enable all other features beyond reading. Please go over to the Subscription Page and pick out a plan that fits you best. At any time you wish to cancel the subscription please go back over to the Subscription Page and hit the Cancel button and your subscription will be stopped. All subscriptions are auto-renewing. 

• Owner

Hang on a second the basic data like all your gauges... Fuel level, oil pressure, volts, coolant are all on the CCD bus. Like coolant is already part of the diagnostics PID's  already. so that means we should still be able to get basic data yet without all the special stuff.

Now if your diving deeper like say timing or commanded fuel now I can see needing the programming mode and jumping over. Again there is a lot of data just on the CCD network we need to fish out first before jumping in deep for the super stuff.

You have to minus the total of sea level plus altitude.

I need to get the equation more exact.  The above isn't right

((A*.145)-16)*4 is working close ishm. The .145 needs to be modded and then increase 16 to 17 for me.

I'll see if I can set baud to 7812.5

5 minutes ago, IBMobile said:

My live data for map shows with key on and engine running or not 101Kpa (14.65psi) @ 700'.

Why are you adding 2psi for altitude?  I thought that as you go up in altitude, atmospheric pressure decreased.

Err you are right though. Back into math world to figure it out.  Point and shoot blindfolded

well a little more testing was one on the map sensor.

((A-105)*.17) *4 gets VERY close for a early truck  but I am still testing more.  I am not sure where the quad limits boost at as I am unable to top 13-14 psi on the ecm side of things but boost levels follow pretty close to that point.

for some reason you need to use the inverse baro reading so rather than 11 psi where I am at for baro you need to minus 14 -(-baro) ,  don't ask me why.  

Edited by Me78569

Alright more testing done and I can verify that 

((A-105)*.17)*4 reads nearly 0 at idle and accurately all the way up to the boost fooler limit of 18psi on my truck.  The 105 will need to be edited for your altitude, and I can't answer why it is 105kpa vs 75kpa for my altitude, but it works.  

more updates. 

I have found the ablity to connect to both ECMS,  The bad news is, if you thought the ecm was lacking for PID's the PCM is worse.  It has speed, TPS, rpm , load.  There may be more hidden pid's but I am unsure about it.

The PCM is D1

and the ECM is 15 according to the logging.  Not sure how that translates to 486 

Snippet from the log

ATH1: [OK]
Reading vehicle information
01 00: [48 6B D1 41 00 90 18 80 14 01 
48 6B 15 41 00 98 3A 80 14 6F ]
Detected PIDs:
    ECU: D1
        0x00 - SupportedPIDs0
        0x01 - MonitorStatus
        0x04 - EngineLoad
        0x0C - EngineRPM
        0x0D - VehicleSpeed
        0x11 - ThrottlePosition
        0x1C - OBDStandard
        0x1E - AuxiliaryInputStatus
    ECU: 15
        0x00 - SupportedPIDs0
        0x01 - MonitorStatus
        0x04 - EngineLoad
        0x05 - EngineCoolantTemp
        0x0B - IntakeManifoldPressure
        0x0C - EngineRPM
        0x0D - VehicleSpeed
        0x0F - IntakeAirTemperature
        0x11 - ThrottlePosition
        0x1C - OBDStandard
        0x1E - AuxiliaryInputStatus

attached is the log for the data logging from the app.  It is very useful, OBDwiz

It allows for you to data log raw data, but it seems to only pass MPH request, not sure why.  

I can confirm that there is no j1939 in the OBD port, or if there is it is no standard in anyway.  I believe the j1393 is only under the hood.  I might try and connect to that at some point.  

I am confused on this next part, but

Looking at the wiring diagram I see 

The SCI bus is iso 9141 10.4k baud ( what we can talk to the ecm/pcm over.)

The CCD is who knows on 7812.5 baud and 62500 baud, I don't think we are going to find the ability to talk on this bus.  

HOWEVER reading through the logs of the project from Jdonoghue he states that he programmed the ecm using the SCITX and RX pins on the OBD Pins 6, 7  

I am guessing that since pin 6 ( the non-standard pin for iso 9141) points to the ecm but 14 ( the standard pin for iso 9141) that all of the obd scanning tools we use are looking to 14 as it is the standard.  This might be why we are having issues.  Again I might wire my arduino to pins 6 and 7 to test.

Question I still have is how we can talk to both ECMS on the same protocol but use different pins on the OBD,ccd.jpg

Note that the PCM and ECM share the SCI transmit wire, pin 7, but SCI Recieve on the PCM is pin 14 and on the ECM is pin 6.  

Since they use the same transmit wire they have to be the same protocol, but I am unsure how the header changes which wire is used.  

RawDataLog_20160601 214447.txt

Edited by Me78569

mike,

It occurs to me that the map sensor calculator in the scipod software was based on a late model truck

What happens if you set your equation to 

(A-105)/20  ?  105 being the approx inverted atmospheric pressure.

• Owner

Trip got canceled and alternator repair done so the truck didn't go any where yesterday really. I'll plug it in this morning and see what your math shows. I did get a chance to see the difference in readings early to late models. 14.9 PSIa (99 Dodge) compared to 28.3 PSIa (02 Dodge).

• 4 weeks later...