• Welcome To Mopar1973Man.Com LLC

We are a privately owned support forum for the Dodge Ram Cummins Diesels. All information is free to read for everyone. To interact or ask questions you must have a subscription plan to enable all other features beyond reading. Please go over to the Subscription Page and pick out a plan that fits you best. At any time you wish to cancel the subscription please go back over to the Subscription Page and hit the Cancel button and your subscription will be stopped. All subscriptions are auto-renewing. 

Steering upgrade

• 9 months later...

Well I'm joining the club with rockauto Mopar kit 52122362AL. Wanted to do this sooner but rockauto was out of stock. My y style is getting lose and clunky. Been waiting for this moment for a while now, getting excited :hyper: still under 300 to my door, here is a 5% off code. 8377585375304033

Noooooo..... :cry: 

9 minutes ago, trreed said:

I'm not sure I'm too pleased with my kit.  It's been on two years and is starting to clunk.  My plan is to try greasing it but I'm worried it's too far along now and needs replaced.

Then maybe I'll drill and tap for grease zerks right a way 

11 minutes ago, trreed said:

Might be wise.  I was gonna try going through the boot like @Mopar1973Man does, and it might take a few cycles to get the grease down in the cups but that's my hope anyways.

I'd rather force it through the joint if possible, not sure on clearance there. Can you cut yours open now that it's junk so we can see :hug:just kidding of course 

No idea.  Have had the pickup back for just under a week and been too busy to crawl under and look.  Just know it's a loud annoying pop when I turn in either direction when moving at low speeds or no speed.

Granted, I have done my fair share of driving on U.S. Forest Service roads, so I'm guess that had something to do with it.

EC26FB1D-FFBF-4F9D-AA9A-716C4EB00552.jpeg.4e623e3f66e6d8945c8ff4ca004b8576.jpeg

Edited by trreed
  • Like 1

• 2 months later...

Hi Guys!

Sorry to be the gravedigger on this thread but it is very helpful to me here. I found it an hour ago and red through all pages.

Maybe someone can answer me a left over question:

I wanna do the upgrade on my '01 1500. Im gonna install some 2500 Springs soon which will level the front. Also im running 16" procomp wheels with a -12 offset.

As i understand with the offset there should ne no clearance problems on the studs or the tierod-ends themselfes (am i correct?) will there be a problem with the draglink to the? My problem is: im from germany. the technical inspection here will not allow any modifications to these parts i think so a direct bolt on with no issues is needed. It looks like "it could work - but it also could go wrong" on me.

maybe someone can tell me the "truth" :D

any help is appreciated!

thanks