• Welcome To Mopar1973Man.Com LLC

We are a privately owned support forum for the Dodge Ram Cummins Diesels. All information is free to read for everyone. To interact or ask questions you must have a subscription plan to enable all other features beyond reading. Please go over to the Subscription Page and pick out a plan that fits you best. At any time you wish to cancel the subscription please go back over to the Subscription Page and hit the Cancel button and your subscription will be stopped. All subscriptions are auto-renewing. 

...I never thought I would

hex0rz

I know the bumper will be a false sense of security to a point. But it sure beats the oem bumper... I was concerned that hitting her head on would have been worse than a somewhat glancing blow. She slid just as far as I did down the road. There is a nice skid mark from my tire on the road now and passing it up last night from work was quite impressive to see how long it was. No wonder I have a flat spot on my tire now. When I locked up I thought she got wedged in my tire area, she may very have though as I had hair on the tire even. 

I'm not concerned much about the bumper and people working on it. The only cussing about it will be me, so I know I'll get one that will still allow me to do what I need to do. 

This is what I plan on getting installed on the truck for lighting:

I use my Rigid lights every single day going to work @ 4am or coming home @ 2am on 28 miles of country back roads. From the video which is hard to judge lite looks like my Rigid 10 inch combo lite bar in the middle of the ranch hand plus a pair of D2 Dually lites aimed about 30* to the outside puts out about as much lite as the 52 inch light in the video.

When I see comparisons of other brands that stand up to the destruction attempt videos of Rigids and they keep ticking I will look into other brands but I have found no other company willing to put their products up to the same testing standards rigid does which makes the added cost worth it especially when using them to brand deer.:whistle2:

We run them on a most of our equipment at work and in about 5 years and having hundreds of them out in the field I have only seen one of them quit working in that time.

Edited by Wild and Free

One of the truck drivers I work with had a deer try to jump over his late model freight liner today. Hit the drivers side window and shattered it, showering the driver in glass. Had just a couple small cuts on his face is all. He was fortunate! Killed the deer. Didn't think to take a picture. 

• Owner
3 minutes ago, Royal Squire said:

One of the truck drivers I work with had a deer try to jump over his late model freight liner today. Hit the drivers side window and shattered it, showering the driver in glass. Had just a couple small cuts on his face is all. He was fortunate! Killed the deer. Didn't think to take a picture. 

I've seen deer clear the top of pickups. Like in my example a couple of deer come up from the river 2 made before the truck the 3rd one made huge leap and lightly tapped the canopy shell on the back as it came down. I watch this whole thing happen before me. I pulled over with the truck ahead and we were both shocked to see a deer jump so flippin' high...

I only plan on using the light off highway in the rural area. I can usually see a vehicle soon enough to turn it off before it becomes a problem. 

There's a couple people that do the same thing already, just haven't seen them in a while. 

seems about one in 4 pickups have the big roof mounted lite bars anymore in my area. I have been fortunate to not have a deer jump but have had numerous grills taken out by Pheasants and jack rabbits in the days before I had the ranch hand bumpers years ago, those Jacks are the jumpin buggers that cause lots of damage too.

Edited by Wild and Free

• 3 weeks later...