• Welcome To Mopar1973Man.Com LLC

We are a privately owned support forum for the Dodge Ram Cummins Diesels. All information is free to read for everyone. To interact or ask questions you must have a subscription plan to enable all other features beyond reading. Please go over to the Subscription Page and pick out a plan that fits you best. At any time you wish to cancel the subscription please go back over to the Subscription Page and hit the Cancel button and your subscription will be stopped. All subscriptions are auto-renewing. 

CHEAP EBAY APPS?????

I keep getting intermittent "dead pedal" i just flap the pedal a few times and it comes back to life. Then engine light comes on and i get the code come up for it too when i do the "key thing". Lol

Anyway it has been happening  more frequently so I am going to buy a new APPS TPS sensor.

I know all about the  timbo apps as well the WELLS ve tps  but I keep seeing these ones on eBay for $20 US free shipping.  Read a few reviews and people are saying they're not having any problems with the new or updated version. 

The part number I'm looking at is  GEGT7610-172 and the brand is ISUMO. 

Does anybody have any real world testing with these to prove whether they work or if they don't?? 

For the cost I figured I could buy two of them in case one failed and I could even keep the stock one in the glove box since it isn't totally done yet I just don't want to be left stranded somewhere because of it.   I have heard bad things about the Timbo GPS is as well as the WELLS s VE tps.  I don't know who to believe hopefully somebody here can give me a good review thanks.

PS – I thought I already put a post talking about this a while back but I can't seem to find it so sorry in advance if I have double posted .

I have a little experience with the ebay apps. I bought one for $16. Not sure what part # or brand I got. I was not having dead pedal issues but was having surging issues and the low volt code for the apps.  Diagnostics was telling the apps(Timbo in my case) was bad. I went the Ebay route just to see. Installed and sure enough the surging went away and all seemed good. I ordered a Timbo because I did not trust the part. The bag it came had a paper with nothing but Chinese on it. Any way before I got to install the Timbo my check engine light comes on with a p0222 code. I cleared it and it came back as soon as I started the engine. Tried it multiple times with the same results. So I put the Timbo in and check engine light stays off and the surging is back. 

My problem has to be in the wiring I figure. I still dont know if I would trust the cheap on. That being said I thought at the time for no more money than $20 it was worth a try. I have no idea whether it was causing any damage anywhere.

16 minutes ago, Me78569 said:

What codes are you getting firstly?  

I would not go the cheap route.  The apps is a fairly complex device.  I simply don''t believe they can reproduce it for what they are selling.  

I believe its that po121 ? It's the low voltage tps code or something like that. My engine light comes on  but usually after i shut the truck off for the night and start it up the next day engine light goes off. Comes back on when i get the dead pedal. 

11 minutes ago, dripley said:

I have a little experience with the ebay apps. I bought one for $16. Not sure what part # or brand I got. I was not having dead pedal issues but was having surging issues and the low volt code for the apps.  Diagnostics was telling the apps(Timbo in my case) was bad. I went the Ebay route just to see. Installed and sure enough the surging went away and all seemed good. I ordered a Timbo because I did not trust the part. The bag it came had a paper with nothing but Chinese on it. Any way before I got to install the Timbo my check engine light comes on with a p0222 code. I cleared it and it came back as soon as I started the engine. Tried it multiple times with the same results. So I put the Timbo in and check engine light stays off and the surging is back. 

My problem has to be in the wiring I figure. I still dont know if I would trust the cheap on. That being said I thought at the time for no more money than $20 it was worth a try. I have no idea whether it was causing any damage anywhere.

Ya apparently they had these cheap tps's and guys were having nothing but problems but i read a post where someone said they updated the part number ( to the one i posted) and it fixed what ever issue they were having.??? 

I should buy it and just see what happens. 

Will this tps just stop working all together or will it just keep getting worse? I read on blue chip diesel's site to just tap the pedal and that does bring it back to life pretty quick. 

I just priced one out at Dodge and it's around $750 Canadian. So I went to Napa and they want 536.00 with a three-year warranty.

The one off eBay is under $30 Canadian shipped to my door . Lol 

The dodge dealer also has an ALLIANT (i think)  end it is around $250. 

I think the Timbo APPS is around 300 cnd. 

I think I will go ahead and order the $30 TPS just so I know for myself but in the meantime if somebody has an experience with them I would love to hear it. 

Edited by BIG-BLACK-DODGE

3 minutes ago, Mopar1973Man said:

Timbo's... The best APPS you can get that is electronic free.

DSCF3748.JPG

I have read more than one post where they have failed but i agree most are positive posts.

that "Wells Ve" tps uses a magnet or something and sounds like it would be the best but i read a post of them failing too... Never know what to believe on the net...

i just talked to NAPA and they say the AUTO tps's are different than the Standard trany's??? 

That's the first i have heard about them being different. 

• Owner

OEM and Wells are both electronics based to control thee IVS (Idle Validation Switches) where the Timbo uses a dual contact rheostat which does both functions in one package.

Wells APPS still fails because of electronic weakness to AC noise created from failed alternators. Just like OEM APPS which does fail for the same reason. Yes the rheostat does where out too on both OEM and Timbo's but typically that is 5-7 years down thee road.

So do you go electronics free, magnetic rheostat (electronic based rheostat and IVS) or the OEM (electronic based IVS)

Wells APPS...

wells apps.jpg

OEM APPS...

plateoffup8.jpg

• Staff

At Amazon I found APPS for as little as $14.20 to $179.  Even at $20-$30 it's cheap enough to have one on hand for an emergency brake down. Even if it throws a code you'll get home..  

https://www.amazon.com/s/ref=nb_sb_ss_i_3_4?url=search-alias%3Dautomotive&field-keywords=apps+sensor+dodge+cummins&sprefix=apps%2Cautomotive%2C242&rh=n%3A15684181%2Ck%3Aapps+sensor+dodge+cummins  

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Mopar1973Man said:

Some of those look like Timbo's remakes. Same Williams sensor but different patch cable.

So you think they copied his and it might work? 

If u happen to find a picture of one that looks like a remake post it so i can check it out. 

• Owner
35 minutes ago, Mopar1973Man said:

Lol ok i saw all of those i thought you were talking about something different. 

I'll order one up and put this mystery to rest weather they hold up or not. Stay tuned.

Moparman1973, any chance that i will " fry" something else by cheaping out and trying one? 

10 hours ago, dripley said:

IIRC the instructions with mine were in chinese. So I installed it, turned the idle screw until the idle started moving up then backed it off about 3/4 turn or so.

Cool ya i never changed one so i'll read up on it .

if instructions are in Chinese i'll try to get itvtranslated. Lol

i'm not excpecting much out of it but if it works that would be cool.