• Welcome To Mopar1973Man.Com LLC

We are a privately owned support forum for the Dodge Ram Cummins Diesels. All information is free to read for everyone. To interact or ask questions you must have a subscription plan to enable all other features beyond reading. Please go over to the Subscription Page and pick out a plan that fits you best. At any time you wish to cancel the subscription please go back over to the Subscription Page and hit the Cancel button and your subscription will be stopped. All subscriptions are auto-renewing. 

Tow mirror options

Alright guys! Got these mirrors in the mail this afternoon and got them on tonight! They look great! Power works and heat should as well! If you want a really thorough write there's one on CF already but these are a really straight forward install. I spent more time fooling around with the plastic body pins then the mirror! Anyways, for some pics!

Before

image.jpeg

After

image.jpeg

Size difference

image.jpeg

How one the bracket mounts

image.jpeg

And over all shot of the truck just cause! Haha

image.jpeg

I haven't driven with them yet but just getting them pointed where I wanted and things, it's crazy how much more visibility these give! They seem to be made very well. Has plenty of resistance to fold them and flip them up for full trailer mode. They shake about as much as you'd expect when closing the door but not too much. They're on there really solid. I'll report back with driving results.

• Like 4

I put these on my truck several months ago.  I agree, they added a much larger view.  I still wonder why they would have put those smaller mirrors like the ones you took off on duallys.  The rear fenders blocked most of the view in those smaller mirrors. 

So drove 25-30 miles today with the new mirrors and I gotta say, I'm extremely impressed and happy with these things! The amount I can see behind me and down the side of the truck now is ridiculous! I have both convex mirrors pointed so I can see the rear tire on each side which is really nice, especially on the long bed. The passenger side mirror has almost like a zoom lens, which has been the hardest thing to adjust too. I have to keep the mirror pointed close along the line of the truck bed so I can orientate myself. Mirror shake is practically non-existent.

Overall if you're so much as thinking about making this upgrade, I'd do it in a heartbeat!  

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

Just wanted to say.....I got a set from Mopar that I found on eBay back when I first got my truck.  The instructions stated there is a torque sequence.  I'm out of town and do not have the instructions in front of me but I'd be curious if other brands require this.  I did not have a torque wrench when I put them on and they did shake a tiny bit.  Once I got them properly torqued my shaking issues went away.  Shaking may not even be the right word...vibration.  It really wasn't too bad but it's now perfect; even at freeway speeds.  I'm not sure if that could be a cure for others...but it did work for me.

Mine didn't even come with instructions, but obviously it's a pretty straight forward install. I tightened the bolts down until I felt like it would just about crush in the door panel. I did ever so slightly do that on the passenger side with one bolt, but it's hardly noticeable. I didn't have shaking or vibration other then what's normal mirror shake when on a moving vehicle at speed.

Also, good to see another custombatterycables.com user! :thumb1:

Edited by notlimah
  • Like 1