• Welcome To Mopar1973Man.Com LLC

We are a privately owned support forum for the Dodge Ram Cummins Diesels. All information is free to read for everyone. To interact or ask questions you must have a subscription plan to enable all other features beyond reading. Please go over to the Subscription Page and pick out a plan that fits you best. At any time you wish to cancel the subscription please go back over to the Subscription Page and hit the Cancel button and your subscription will be stopped. All subscriptions are auto-renewing. 

Tow mirror options

Alright guys, I need some opinions on two mirror options.

I'll start by saying I'd really to get the 4th gen mirrors from 1aauto but as of now, i can't convince the wife to let me spend that much on mirrors! :cry:

I'm going to start towing more often as crab and salmon season just opened up, I usually volunteer to tow my friends boats so I don't have to own the money pit! lol but I'd prefer to tow safely aka be able to see my trailer and other cars and things around me!

Are there any cheaper alternatives? Or should I just start pulling in the early Christmas present excuses and get the mirrors?!

• Staff

A set of these would be cheapDSCN0153.JPG

I've been using a set of these CEPA tow mirrors for the last 12 years and I tow my 5er with a 14' boat behind it, total length 62'.  I haven't had a problem seeing back there.  I think they're about $75 for the set.  The only down side to them is you have to adjust the mirror a little after taking them off and putting them back on.

10500_v1_20130215-150x150[1].jpg

http://products.cipausa.com/product/cipa-10500-custom-towing-mirrors-dodge/

Edited by IBMobile

31 minutes ago, notlimah said:

Thanks for that code! Do you have the kool-vue's? I've heard a lot of complaints about a lot of shaking at speed?

Passenger shakes at idle only, not even that badly. Driving down the road, both are just fine. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Cowboy said:

I was looking at THESE because I like the bigger spot mirror size, but they're pricey! I've heard nothing but good things about the 1AAuto mirrors though so if you go this route I don't think you'd be disappointment, but I don't have first hand experience.

I found a set of mirrors on some site and they were like the newest style truck i believe. Had the signals in the top corner as well as the light in the mirror shinning down. 

I'll see if i can find the link and they were priced well too.

my buddy just bought a brand new Ram 2500 and i sat in it and honestly i like my old second gen better... But i loooved his mirrors compared to mine. That mod will change my whole truck! 

So are 4th gen mirrors a direct bolt on with these 2nd gens? 

Did u try Rock auto? 

Yes that's correct as far as I know @dripley. Although cumminsdog, who's basically spearheaded this whole thing to get us 4th gen mirrors, said it wouldn't be difficult to wire up the blinker or power fold functionality.

I'd like to hold out for the power fold options but if they don't come out in the next couple weeks then I'm just going to pull the trigger on just the power/heated options.

• Owner

I'm running a clip on mirror on the passenger side for towing. I can see down both sides of my RV now the driver side stock mirror you can do find with a normal 8 foot wide box style RV or trailer. Passenger side with that goofy "closer than they appear" junk requires a clip on to get that bit of blind spot. @IBMobile is using one version I like but can't seem to get locally.