• Welcome To Mopar1973Man.Com LLC

We are a privately owned support forum for the Dodge Ram Cummins Diesels. All information is free to read for everyone. To interact or ask questions you must have a subscription plan to enable all other features beyond reading. Please go over to the Subscription Page and pick out a plan that fits you best. At any time you wish to cancel the subscription please go back over to the Subscription Page and hit the Cancel button and your subscription will be stopped. All subscriptions are auto-renewing. 

Proper Nv5600 fluid

Same here, local dealer wants 22 bucks for a qt, so I ended up getting amsoil for half the cost. If I had to change it more often, I'd probably use pennzoil as it's available at local part stores. But if I know this right, Mopar fluid and amsoil are both synthetic, where panzoil is not. 

1 hour ago, AH64ID said:

Part of the reason I try not to buy Mopar. It' not bad, but it's always overpriced. 

There are generally always like or superior products available for less. 

Oh for sure. It's so bad here that the local dealer always refers me too NAPA or gives me the part number. I do buy some things from Mopar. Like rear brake cables. Can't beat oem fitment, aftermarket alwsys seems to be too long or too short etc. 

Cone to think if it i think it was 35.00 a liter here in Canada... Crazy... So mor like i paid around the 150 mark...

If anyone is interested, below is the spec sheet for the OEM 5600 fluid. :thumbup2:

And in regards to High Gear Transmissions stance on Mobil, I have to wonder if they'd say the same about Valvoline or Redline or any other brand if they just so happened to invite other oil brand besides an Exxon Mobile representative to determine the best oil for the NV5600.  And why Mobil?  Thats not to discredit their professional opinion either but just pointing out that their marketing statements leave room for questions. :think:

Tex_5600_fluid.pdf

Edited by KATOOM
  • Like 2

• 2 weeks later...
On ‎2016‎-‎07‎-‎07 at 8:54 PM, KATOOM said:

If anyone is interested, below is the spec sheet for the OEM 5600 fluid.

Tex_5600_fluid.pdf

Very interesting thread ..... and a little confusing also.

Have a NV4500 with 363k (225,000 miles)

Is there a different spec sheet for the OEM 4500 fluid ?

Suggestions welcome ...

Thank you ...

• Staff
10 hours ago, Macarena Man said:

Very interesting thread ..... and a little confusing also.

Have a NV4500 with 363k (225,000 miles)

Is there a different spec sheet for the OEM 4500 fluid ?

Suggestions welcome ...

Thank you ...

There should be a different sheet at the NV4500 uses a different spec, and non-interchangeable, fluid.