• Welcome To Mopar1973Man.Com LLC

We are a privately owned support forum for the Dodge Ram Cummins Diesels. All information is free to read for everyone. To interact or ask questions you must have a subscription plan to enable all other features beyond reading. Please go over to the Subscription Page and pick out a plan that fits you best. At any time you wish to cancel the subscription please go back over to the Subscription Page and hit the Cancel button and your subscription will be stopped. All subscriptions are auto-renewing. 

Shredded belt and ...

I've been lurking here since I bought my truck in February and love this place.  I have leavened quite a bit so far and know there is plenty else to learn.  I have to things to say/ask so bear with me.

To go along with the title, I was headed home for lunch on Friday.  Heard a little noise but didn't really think anything of it.  Then I noticed my air not blowing could, looked at the gauges and knew the belt was gone.  When I pulled over to check it and call Good Sams for a tow, I looked under the hood and saw the pulley for the fan being held on by 2 of the 6 screws and those 2 were loose.  Good thing nothing else was damaged.  I am wondering how many of you have ever seen or heard of that before.  It least I got away with a $40 repair including loctite on the new bolts. :)

The question I have regards the Hypertech tuners.  Do to the tires on my truck (I hope my sig shows up) I want to re calibrate the computer for correct tire size.  Currently I am using a gps for speed & mileage and want to use that space for an OBDLink & tablet.  I was think about just getting the one that can update for tire sizes only and figured for a little bit more, maybe add a few extra  ponies.  I'm wondering if this programmer is any good and if I use lower setting will it hurt my stock 47re?

I could go on but will keep it short.  Once again, love the site and am learning quite a bit. Thanks in advance.

L8tr

d

First off, welcome to the forum! Glad to have ya! :thumbup2:

As far as the fan coming loose like that, I've never heard of that happening before but I doubt it's a first. More then likely the PO was doing work or had work done to it and didn't re-install it correctly and ended up with your situation.

As far as the hypertech, if it's the tuner that connects through the obd port then it should correct for tire size other then stock. Honestly if you don't already have a hypertech I'd go with a smarty and just keep the tune mild and your foot light and your trans will be fine. But that all depends on your driving style and habits.

Welcome to the forum. I have to agree with Me. Get the tranny ready for the power first. Your sig did not show up so if it is the original it probably wont like much extra put thru it especially if you have over sized tires on it. Hate to see you have to build because you blew it up. If you know someone that has a Smarty maybe they will let you borrow to adjust for tire size..

Thanks guys, I appreciate the input.  The tranny is stock so I will not add any more power.  I will just update for the tires.  Just got the truck in February, with only 68k miles.  Had to replace second lift pump so I ditched the Carter and got a FASS drp.  I want this to last!!!!