• Welcome To Mopar1973Man.Com LLC

We are a privately owned support forum for the Dodge Ram Cummins Diesels. All information is free to read for everyone. To interact or ask questions you must have a subscription plan to enable all other features beyond reading. Please go over to the Subscription Page and pick out a plan that fits you best. At any time you wish to cancel the subscription please go back over to the Subscription Page and hit the Cancel button and your subscription will be stopped. All subscriptions are auto-renewing. 

Goodbye Edge Comp, Hello Quadzilla Adrenaline

Mopar1973Man

Not at all trying to derail this thread, but just wanted to mention something I saw today. Got an email about this

http://edgeproducts.com/news/vp44-competition-juice-w-attitude/ 

I wonder how it would compare power wise to the quad. Basically it just made me wonder if this is their answer to how popular the quad has been getting lately.  Also interesting that they will now have a timing adjustment for each level. Something I really wish my Comp had...

Maybe Mike can get them to give him one to test out, see which one is better :burnout::bolt:

Edited by leathermaneod

12 minutes ago, leathermaneod said:

Not at all trying to derail this thread, but just wanted to mention something I saw today. Got an email about this

http://edgeproducts.com/news/vp44-competition-juice-w-attitude/ 

I wonder how it would compare power wise to the quad. Basically it just made me wonder if this is their answer to how popular the quad has been getting lately.  Also interesting that they will now have a timing adjustment for each level. Something I really wish my Comp had...

Maybe Mike can get them to give him one to test out, see which one is better :burnout::bolt:

In order to keep from derailing this, I suggest looking through this thread. @Me78569 and I put our 2 cents in.

http://www.cumminsforum.com/forum/98-5-02-performance-parts-discussion/2098265-edge-jwa-level-7-update.html

Since this a slower forum I can speak my mind to the edge stuff, it is fine to derail some but lets keep it limited.

1. They are really just trying ot suck some more money out of their customers since they are getting pushed out of the market for the newer stuff due to EFI.

2. fuel from 3200 to 3600 is next to useless for %95 of us,  The Quad fuels to 3500 rpm but there is no power up there.  

- how will this upgrade go?  do you need to buy the "hot unlock" then buy this 7th level?  seems like a jip

3. There is 0, zippo, nadda need for more fuel down low, it is just wasted smoke.

They claim 150 hp over stock,  which is better than the 120 they used to claim, but I honestly don't think it is close to the quad in terms of power on a near stock truck.  

I want to see all this tuning they have in videos.  What happens when you lay into the throttle down low?  does it just smoke more?

I am curious about how they are allowing for timing adjustment.  

Edited by Me78569

Couldn't we use more fuel down low like the smarty? Or is the quad already covering that? That's one thing that really disappointed me with the comp vs the smarty....with the smarty I literally had no lag, it was like instant boost and smoke was manageable. The top end is way better with edge, but the lag sucks down low. 

Is EFI making something for VP trucks now??

3 minutes ago, leathermaneod said:

Couldn't we use more fuel down low like the smarty? Or is the quad already covering that? That's one thing that really disappointed me with the comp vs the smarty....with the smarty I literally had no lag, it was like instant boost and smoke was manageable. The top end is way better with edge, but the lag sucks down low. 

Is EFI making something for VP trucks now??

With the custom tuning, you can add as much fuel down low as you want. That's why we have % of stock from 0,1,2,3, etc psi. You can put 125% of fuel at 0psi if you want, but it might be smokey. All up to you and custom!

1 minute ago, Me78569 said:

The quad comes in significantly cheaper than the edge with a screen and the to match the fueling ot 3500 rpm.  I think they want $1000 for the comp plus cts plus another $150 for the lvl 7 adjustment...

Yeah I realize over all it is a much better deal, but I was able to get my comp for about $450 because of my military discount, so the quad is still significantly more, even if I manage to get $500 for my comp. And I still need a android device of some kind....

2 minutes ago, Me78569 said:

lololol just got off the phone with him....

Somehting like " wow it is great to tow with, there is no smoke and I still have power"

I am waiting for mike to get a video....COUGH COUGH @mopar1973man so we can show a before and after.

No smoke and power at the same time sure will be great....