• Welcome To Mopar1973Man.Com LLC

We are a privately owned support forum for the Dodge Ram Cummins Diesels. All information is free to read for everyone. To interact or ask questions you must have a subscription plan to enable all other features beyond reading. Please go over to the Subscription Page and pick out a plan that fits you best. At any time you wish to cancel the subscription please go back over to the Subscription Page and hit the Cancel button and your subscription will be stopped. All subscriptions are auto-renewing. 

High fuel pressure. AirDog whining.

I recently got my much needed gauges and hooked up fuel pressure first to check things out. When i bumped the starter for the 25 second run, it jumped to 24 and slowly increased all the way up to 26! Does this sound like a return line restriction? I have an adjustable overflow valve that is preset at 14 psi. What could be going on here? I think this is the cause of my rough running truck...

That had helped a bit actually. It must have been set for a 12 valve because it says on their website that a 24 valve is preset to 15-17 but it was 24-26. The pump is no longer whining...or dead heading my pump. Thanks Me I totally forgot it was adjustable

5 hours ago, Cumminz said:

I recently got my much needed gauges and hooked up fuel pressure first to check things out. When i bumped the starter for the 25 second run, it jumped to 24 and slowly increased all the way up to 26! Does this sound like a return line restriction? I have an adjustable overflow valve that is preset at 14 psi. What could be going on here? I think this is the cause of my rough running truck...

DONT adjust that valve.....!  Not sure why anyone thought this was a good idea to market. :doh:  Matter of fact, I'd suggest throwing it away and replacing with a factory Bosch overflow valve thats NOT adjustable. :thumbup2:

• Like 1

• Owner
10 hours ago, KATOOM said:

DONT adjust that valve.....!  Not sure why anyone thought this was a good idea to market. :doh:  Matter of fact, I'd suggest throwing it away and replacing with a factory Bosch overflow valve thats NOT adjustable. :thumbup2:

Agreed. I would go back to Bosch OE overflow valve. The never fail I've got 12 years on mine and 220k miles still going fine. The fuel pressure of the AirDog is the important thing than overflow valve.

• Like 1

I still have the original I can swap it out in like 20 seconds. lol. Anyhow, I adjusted the lift pump pressure and has stopped the whining noise so thats a plus. I was hoping that would solve my erratic rpms that happen throughout the throttle range but it didn't...That's probably for a different thread....

Anyone want to buy an adjustable overflow valve? lmfao

Edited by Cumminz