• Welcome To Mopar1973Man.Com LLC

We are a privately owned support forum for the Dodge Ram Cummins Diesels. All information is free to read for everyone. To interact or ask questions you must have a subscription plan to enable all other features beyond reading. Please go over to the Subscription Page and pick out a plan that fits you best. At any time you wish to cancel the subscription please go back over to the Subscription Page and hit the Cancel button and your subscription will be stopped. All subscriptions are auto-renewing. 

Quadzilla V2 Custom Tunes

Me78569

Use valet mode power to find your starting point.  set the Quad to lvl 1, then set valet mode power at 75%.  From a stop stomp on it, 

It is slow? If so increase the % until you are happy with the trade off of smoke vs power.   

Once you have a starting % build the rest of the tune from there.  

Your timing will have to be ~2* lower at 2k - max to not pop

19 hours ago, Me78569 said:

Use valet mode power to find your starting point.  set the Quad to lvl 1, then set valet mode power at 75%.  From a stop stomp on it.

Ok, @Dieselfuture i put that tune in, its a little bit better.  The truck idles very smooth in park and neutral, but AS SOON as i put it in gear, i fight a VERY heavy lope.  Im sure its dumping too much fuel and choking itself out.  It has stalled a few times waiting at lights. 

Also, driving around town in 3rd gear at about 1800-2000rpms, im about 900degrees. Seems a bit high to me, but since this is my first diesel and build, im a bit uneducated.  I may have forgot to mention that i have the hardfuel tune rather than the standardfuel.

As for the valet tune @Me78569, are u saying to use the default tune and start there?  I appreciate the help gents!

No in your custom tuning menu create a tune, in that tune you will see "valet mode power"

that setting applies to lvl 1 of the Quadzilla and it allows you to set fueling between 0% and %100 of OEM.  

So what you need to do is figure out your starting %.  So go out set valet mode to %80 and stomp on it with the Quadzilla set to lvl 1.  

Is it smokey still?   If so drop the Valet mode power by 5% and try again, is it slow, then up the valet mode power by %1. 

Do this until you find a good spot for your tune to start.  Once are happy with how the truck takes off and smoke levels then you will start your canbus tuning at that %.  

Until you know your Start % you can't do much.  You will just be blindly guessing.  

As for lope the quad is not adjusting fueling at idle, that is a result of your fueling setup.  The Quadzilla will not change idle state behavor.

with your injectors I would expect you to be happy with valet mode at %75-%85 of oem fuel.  

start playing with it and it will start to make sense, there is nothing complex about it, it's just a lot to understand at once.

14 minutes ago, Mopar1973Man said:

I've got a similar issue, not a heavy lope but there is a lope as soon as I start to launch out of 2nd gear. 

Ok.  Yea my lope is pretty intense...like i said, idles smooth in park and neutral, as soon as i go to reverse or any forward gears, and hold the brake, its loping hard, so hard that it starts to stumble and will eventually stall...ill see if i can get a video of it tonight

• Owner

Being I'm a manual it lopes as the clutch starts to engage. I'm smaller on the injectors at 7x0.0085 (+75 HP). Then as I coast up to a stop with the transmission in neutral it lopes dropping the RPM's to like 700 RPM and bounce up to roughly 850 or so. Once I come to stop it idles right at 800 RPM's. 

Ok, so i just spent about an hour and a half out on back roads and this is what ive come up with.  I started at 75% on the valet mode.  On the lower end below id say 15psi its a tad smokey, but as i get higher in boost and really get after it, the smoke lightens up.  Its not a haze, but its not black either, right in the middle.  The truck pulls like a dragster, BUT im still experiencing very high EGTs...quadzilla picked up 1600+ degrees.  Id love to see it not climb over 1400...what changes do u guys see here that would drop those EGTs?

Also i took ur advice and dropped the timing a couple degrees and it took away the popping in high rpms...

Power Levels:  6

Timing

Fuel Load Timing: 2

Low PSI Timing Reduct: 2

Timing Reduct Scaling: 100

Light Throttle Timing Adv: 2

Light Throttle Timing Load Limit: 30

Timing vs rpm

1500: 15

2000: 17

2500: 19

3000: 21

Timing Max: 23

Wiretap

Pump Stretch: 1800

TPS Pump max: 100%

TPS Pump Min:  20%

Minimum Pump Tap Fueling Percentage: 0

Pump Low Boost Scale PSI: 12

Boost Scaling: 38

RPM Limit: 3400

Power Reduction: 50%

0 PSI %: 75

1 PSI %: 76

2 PSI %: 77

3 PSI %: 78

4 PSI %: 79

5 PSI %: 80

6 PSI %: 81

7 PSI %: 82

8 PSI %: 83

9 PSI %: 84

10 PSI %: 86

11 PSI %: 88

12 PSI %: 90

13 PSI %: 92

14 PSI %: 94

15 PSI %: 96

16 PSI %: 98

18 PSI %: 102

20 PSI %: 106

22 PSI %: 110

24 PSI %: 114

26 PSI %: 118

28 PSI %: 122

30 PSI %: 126

Edited by Me78569

So, a swing and a miss on this tune? 

And i thought i made progress :doh:

I guess where im getting the most confused is when i start messing with the wiretap and stuff...and basically everything with the timing.  I think its because im so green when it comes to what advancing or retarding the timing actually does.  For some reason im just having problems wrapping my head around it.

Edited by TJ_00Cummins

Sorry I was talking to diesel future not you, hardfuel and standard fuel base tunes are the same below 3200 rpm, you are messing with the custom tuning on top of the base tune. You made great progress.  Good job for going out and doing that!

Your canbus tuning looks good. Turn your wiretap down to 1400 and report back.  You have a ton of mechanical fuel so you don't need much wiretap to make good power.

Your timing curve looks ok.  I know big injector trucks can't run as much timing so you might be a ok.  Might bump 2k+ by 1* and see how it runs.  I would expect Max timing for you to be 24*-25*

Again kiddos for jumping in.  

Edited by Me78569

Oh ok good deal! I was a bit dicouraged because i was wondering where u were getting 3200 rpms from...i was lost haha.  But yea, i will turn the wire tap down and try her tomo.  I had thought about changing it but decided not to.  Ill report back tomo! Thanks for the tips and guidance! And patience! 

No worries you'll get it.

Hardfuel tune just tries to extend canbus fueling to 3500 rpm the Standard fuel tune doesn't.  That's the only difference I was speaking of.  

Don't be discouraged, you'll get it.  Let us know how it goes.  Bumping timing in the 2k+ region will also help egts.  Increase in 1* increments until you get surging then pull back by .5* until happy.

Yea I will keep my nose to the grindstone.  I love learning new platforms and learning how everything meshes tofether to create the most efficient power possible.  

When u say to adjust the time 1* at 2k+, is this what youre meaning?

Timing vs rpm

1500: 15

2000: 17 to 18

2500: 19 to 20

3000: 21 to 22

Max timing:23 to 24

• Like 1

1 hour ago, TJ_00Cummins said:

@Me78569 didnt have much time to tune today, i changed timing though...i also think im going to pull some fuel, its smoking more than i initially thought...not super bad, but id like to lean it out just a little bit. And i may change the wiretap from 12psi to 10.  

Thoughts?

I would bump the timing a touch more. Go a couple degrees up and run it on level 3. If / when it starts to surge, then back it back down. 

I though your starting point would be a touch high with those injectors. FWIW mine started at 69% with 7x.013's. 

Do you have a box 66 or is it something else?