• Welcome To Mopar1973Man.Com LLC

We are a privately owned support forum for the Dodge Ram Cummins Diesels. All information is free to read for everyone. To interact or ask questions you must have a subscription plan to enable all other features beyond reading. Please go over to the Subscription Page and pick out a plan that fits you best. At any time you wish to cancel the subscription please go back over to the Subscription Page and hit the Cancel button and your subscription will be stopped. All subscriptions are auto-renewing. 

Thinking of picking up a 70 power wagon...

318 2v, 4sp, divorced 205 tcase, really really clean and straight.  runs excellent... the guy wants 6500 which i think is a bit high.  

Thoughts?  

The plan would be a megasquirt tbi efi homebrew kit and use as a fun old tow vehicle for my 70 barracuda (once its finished). 

IMG_20131012_174620018-1.jpg

Edited by CSM
  • Like 2

37 minutes ago, Royal Squire said:

Pretty good looking for the age. What about maybe swapping in a 440?

I can get all i need out of a small block with way less weight.   

Besides, it is realllly clean.  I dont like swapping out stuff as nice as this.  The fact it is so clean and rust free is the draw for me.  Original and cancer free makes it good to have and good investment (as vehicles go) in the long run if times become hard.

Hopefully i will know something this next week if we can make a deal. 

Edited by CSM

6 minutes ago, notlimah said:

I'm a sucker for the older trucks! Looks real nice that's for sure! Keep us updated on what you find out.

What I would really like to find is a 70 4 door truck.  Then swap a cummins into it.  

• Like 2

1 hour ago, CSM said:

What I would really like to find is a 70 4 door truck.  Then swap a cummins into it.  

when I was a kid first learning to drive, I used to drive this old guy around, don't remember why he couldn't drive but I would take him out deer hunting in his truck and it was a 4 door from that era. had a automatic with shifter on dash, and that truck was a tank, just seeing that brought back memories

Well... turns out it is all original, uncut, comes with all 6 white original wheels, almost no rust (some on tailgate), and was a factory power steering truck.  It has a manual box in now, but the original PS parts come with it and need rebuilt.  4.11 gears as well...  also has new exhaust from manifolds back.  

I dont want to spend the money, but i really like the thing.  I am going to think on it.