• Welcome To Mopar1973Man.Com LLC

We are a privately owned support forum for the Dodge Ram Cummins Diesels. All information is free to read for everyone. To interact or ask questions you must have a subscription plan to enable all other features beyond reading. Please go over to the Subscription Page and pick out a plan that fits you best. At any time you wish to cancel the subscription please go back over to the Subscription Page and hit the Cancel button and your subscription will be stopped. All subscriptions are auto-renewing. 

Quadzilla Adrenaline Economy and MPG

Mopar1973Man

10 minutes ago, Me78569 said:

unless you had a special flash from me then you didn't have the backend for the wiretap stuff anyways.  There is no difference in what is going on under the hood with wiretap.  

no anti smoke feature.  You can command as much fuel as you like.  

Lope tune, set wiretap tps max to 0.   It will run like trash.

Ah ok. It makes sense anyways that you don't really need the wire tap scales anyways since you really shouldn't daily drive on a wire tap tune anyways. Specially with a larger injector, of course the best way is getting the can fuel just right and smoke control it that way. Of course wire tap has the throttle range and boost scale adjustments to move around and make those adjustments. I can't believe the amount of people running Edge and Quadzillas around on full wire tap tunes. Specially Edge boxes around here, we don't have a lot of quadzillas in MD so I show mine off a good bit. But the Edge comp/juice on 5x5 even with most stock trucks ends up having a super sensitive pedal and the general user who doesn't understand these things the way we do ends up driving harder then they "feel" with there foot position and then complain when they get 14mpg. Plus as we know wire taps are hard on the pump and can cause wear in some situations.

15 minutes ago, Mopar1973Man said:

I always wondered why people want a lope tune or a smoke tune neither one produces a good tune and makes the truck run really crappy. Why? :shrug:

I truely don't know either I was just curious as to if it could be done with quadzilla.

if I had to guess it's popularity is because with Diesel direct injection we don't have the cam Lope gas engines get so they try to simulate it by making it run like trash as he stated. With EFI Live I refuse to do smoke tunes, we've also now adopted a fine for "coal rolling" though we don't have diesel emissions here. If your truck blows black it's an automatic $1500 fine up to 3000 depending on how serious and if it was on purpose for no reason.

• Owner
19 minutes ago, Tittle Diesel Performance said:

we've also now adopted a fine for "coal rolling" though we don't have diesel emissions here. If your truck blows black it's an automatic $1500 fine up to 3000 depending on how serious and if it was on purpose for no reason.

Out here it attracts cops to pulling you over for speeding. They watch for the black cloud to show and then go after you. After living through the heavy dense fire smoke out here the last thing I want to do is no start rolling coal. I've had enough smoke for the time being. Ugh! 

The part Iove is the smokeless tune I run. People see a fairly stock looking truck smallish tires, no lift, etc. Assume they can whip on me. LMAO! Mostly end up in my rear view mirror. In under 100 yards I whipped a stock 4th gen no to long ago. Out ran him to the merge point.

21 hours ago, Mopar1973Man said:

Out here it attracts cops to pulling you over for speeding. They watch for the black cloud to show and then go after you. After living through the heavy dense fire smoke out here the last thing I want to do is no start rolling coal. I've had enough smoke for the time being. Ugh! 

The part Iove is the smokeless tune I run. People see a fairly stock looking truck smallish tires, no lift, etc. Assume they can whip on me. LMAO! Mostly end up in my rear view mirror. In under 100 yards I whipped a stock 4th gen no to long ago. Out ran him to the merge point.

Exactly it's unsuspecting. One big give away too is when you get the black bumper and body from the soot cooking behind the exhaust. My 12v has a 188/220 cam for example, I put a stock turbo I had on the shelf on while it was between setups so it would run, even with a stock turbo below 2000rpm has hardly any torque now and the compression down low dropped so it hazes real bad and it's easy for smoke to develop below 2000 so though the truck is slow it's cooked the soot to the body and even with a careful throttle it still smokes. Great thing about the 24v is it's pretty well stock and tuned it's plenty of power and I can keep it clean easier and have a broad torque curve. I know his is unrelated but in a way it is for those thinking of going to a larger cam for there daily, honestly don't go larger then like a 178/208 (Hamilton) or spec close to that duration and try to shoot for a less then 108LSA if you can so you don't loose a bunch of bottom end and the big part MPG cause it drops fast with large cams on 3.54 gear trucks that turn less then 2000rpm on average

• Like 1

On ‎8‎/‎15‎/‎2018 at 3:18 PM, Me78569 said:

UDC pro is missing a number of timing tables for a VP44 file.  I have ecm files you can open in winols and see the tables.

I dunno where my winols def files are.

353339304J.bin

353339304J.xml

ecu_defs.xml

ecu_defs1.xml

as for app changes talk to them.  Again there is only 1 map in the v2 tuning.  

vinols is the program I need to open these files right?

Your Quadzilla File Builder program which version of excel did you use to create that. Ive only got open office on my laptop so ill have to get the real Microsoft office now to use it

On 8/28/2018 at 4:25 PM, Me78569 said:

Ithink it was created in office 2010 I use office 17 or whatver..  winols is what you need.

Another topic on here you had some info from a smarty S03, did

you do data logging of these timing curve by chance? Like maybe you have a data log chart? I'm still playing with my timing curve a little, I finally got the tire size dialed it acurate speed and instant eco to assist in basing what timing is better and what's worse. I cruise 55-60, 3.54 gears and auto trans that puts me at 1500-1600rpm and it would seem this specific truck likes cruising at 19-19.4* is where it's happy. Part of that is I have the absolute worst stock holset turbo ever made....HY35... I have a feeling when I swap to a HX35W that I'll take a degree or so out

OK. I made one more update to the Adrenaline MPG stuff (and possible threw a fix in there for the MPG offset rounding issues). 

If you want to try out the latest MPG fix (which is almost the same) and expand the custom tuning ability very slightly (peak timing will now go to almost 32*) then you can check out this tune: 

http://quadzillatech.com/TunesDownloads/V2Tunes/ADR9802v2.8.5.exe

Mike, if it fixes the issues that you were seeing before please let me know. 

• Owner

Let me catch up here... Ok I just did the latest update and flip back over to the V2 Quadzilla Only profile. After moving all my setting over by hand. Import issues from last time. :rolleyes:

I did run into a small issue that needs to be looked into. I manage to tap on the MPG reset option and the setting open and it of course is blank. Option of 0 or 1 allowed. I just closed the option and the app crashed. it needs a check for a valid variable before allowing to close. 

Still to this day I still have a random issue with getting the display started sometimes having to stop the truck, shutdown completely, shutdown the app, start the App, now start the truck again. Other than that it just tries once to connect and remain disconnected forever. Never tries again unless you do the full shutdown. :think:

So I'm up and running with the latest flash and set up on the Quadzilla V2 only tune. Let's see how the numbers stack this go around. 

As for fuel logs... I updated...

Selection_087.png

As for the Sep. 2nd that was when I installed a 180*F thermostat. Then Sept 4th I just changed from 235's tires to 245's tires. Used Chris O's tool to adjust the ABS module for proper revs per mile. Verified to the GPS. I'm ready, guns are loaded... :gun:

• Owner
9 minutes ago, Quadzilla Power said:

You shouldn't have to "set" the AVG MPG reset to anything, you just toggle it on, then off while connected to the truck to reset the values. 

I realize that but the fact I just tapped on it and then closed it without making a setting then it locked up the app and would not connect till I set it for 0 or 1, "null" is not a valid value. Then the App will connect again. Just be aware its an issue that can cause someone connection problems. 

Edited by Mopar1973Man

2 hours ago, Quadzilla Power said:

You shouldn't have to "set" the AVG MPG reset to anything, you just toggle it on, then off while connected to the truck to reset the values. 

@Quadzilla Power I just updated my box and flashed it to your latest link above. My questions are: 1. How can I reset my gallon trip? When I go to data logging and hit clear my gallon trip remains unchanged. 2. With 7x.009 Injectors what should my approx offset be? 3. When I now add different modules to my different screens the red x's stay on the screen even after I close the selection bar below, is this normal or do I need to do a re-flash?

Lastly, has anyone going on a extended trip approx 4+ hours of constant driving and had everything on their screen freeze except for fuel pressure and EGT's? This has been an on going issue with my truck similar to @Mopar1973Man where I have to restart my tablet and my truck in order to get it to re-connect to the quad and start working again. I am not sure if its my tablet or if it is the quad itself?

• Owner
26 minutes ago, JDHudsn said:

1. How can I reset my gallon trip? When I go to data logging and hit clear my gallon trip remains unchanged.

The switch remains ON but toggle off and then back ON.

27 minutes ago, JDHudsn said:

2. With 7x.009 Injectors what should my approx offset be?

I'm at 140% for my 7 x 0.0085 injectors I might be a bit too high though.

28 minutes ago, JDHudsn said:

3. When I now add different modules to my different screens the red x's stay on the screen even after I close the selection bar below, is this normal or do I need to do a re-flash?

So you slide the toolbar back down correct? Then the Red X still there? 

1 hour ago, JDHudsn said:

1. How can I reset my gallon trip?

Actually opposite of what Mike said. Toggle the MPG Offset in the settings from off to on to off and leave it off unless you want it reset everytime you connect the tablet to the Adrenaline. 

2. With 7x.009 Injectors what should my approx offset be?

I agree with Mike here, about 145%. The best way to figure this out is to fill up, reset everything by toggling the MPG Offset (and AVG MPG Reset) from off to ON to off, leave it on off, while connected to the Adrenaline. Set your MPG Offset to 100%.  After running for a while, fill up again and compare the calculated gallons per trip to the actual amount of fuel used. Then divide the Actual gallons used by estimated gallons used then multiply by 100 to get the offset you should use. You may have to adjust further after more usage. (Actual / Calculated)x100 

3. When I now add different modules to my different screens the red x's stay on the screen even after I close the selection bar below, is this normal or do I need to do a re-flash?

This is definitely not normal. The flash on the Adrenaline doesn't affect this, but the App on the tablet does. It may be that you need to completely delete the app and redownload it from the app store. 

This may also help with the other problem you experience where it freezes after about 4 hours of constant driving. The data storage for the data-log is filling up all your available memory and its causing the app to freeze because it doesn't check to see if you have filled up the phone or tablet's memory. The latest version of the app reduces the size of the data-logging so that shouldn't happen, but it may still. 

Edited by Quadzilla Power
Forgot to finish explanation on how to calculate offset.
  • Thanks 1

48 minutes ago, Quadzilla Power said:

With 7x.009 Injectors what should my approx offset be?

48 minutes ago, Quadzilla Power said:

I agree with Mike here, about 145%

I think your offset will vary with VP health and rebuild quality.  My offset with 6 x 0.013's is 155% and it is spot on.  Seems low for the size of injector, and for reference, my old 7 x 0.0095's were 153%

Edited by trreed
  • Thanks 1